New "Cheater" cylinders

dajogejr

i think they told me the price for just the jugs is 799 retail ,i spoke with vitos about this to get the skinny on them i think with some work under the knife and some black powdercoating these could change things up a bit ,i was told testing on these make over 70 horse o n the dyno on the stockstroke set and the stroker set is taller version for the 4mill . my only gripe for potential would be case volume and limited transfer area but theres ways around that also they dont have auxialiry boysen intake ports . they claim to be already designed for aggresive layout and high port timing ,they also claim a wider powerband than the cubs but of coarse this the salesman talking .. nice thing is theres lots of vito parts dealers i nthe country and that 799 price could come down a good bit . cut and rechamber a factory stoc k head to match the bigger bore throw on some shaerer inframes painted black and youd have a secret weapon :cool:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they told me the price for just the jugs is 799 retail ,i spoke with vitos about this to get the skinny on them i think with some work under the knife and some black powdercoating these could change things up a bit ,i was told testing on these make over 70 horse o n the dyno on the stockstroke set and the stroker set is taller version for the 4mill . my only gripe for potential would be case volume and limited transfer area but theres ways around that also they dont have auxialiry boysen intake ports . they claim to be already designed for aggresive layout and high port timing ,they also claim a wider powerband than the cubs but of coarse this the salesman talking .. nice thing is theres lots of vito parts dealers i nthe country and that 799 price could come down a good bit . cut and rechamber a factory stoc k head to match the bigger bore throw on some shaerer inframes painted black and youd have a secret weapon :cool:

I am having a hard time seeing how these are a much better option than a set of raped stock cylinders at this point. :biggrin:

I am having a hard time seeing how these are a much better option than a set of raped stock cylinders at this point. :biggrin:

nikasil plate , 68 mm bore , triple exhaust ,and aggresive port timing all in stock appearing cyinder sounds like a pretty reasonable platform to build on to me to me but of coarse they are not going to go out and smoke cubs all day the way they are sold i m sure .... it wil lcertainly make a good sleeper setup .never seen a set in person but time will tell i suppose

nikasil plate , 68 mm bore , triple exhaust ,and aggresive port timing all in stock appearing cyinder sounds like a pretty reasonable platform to build on to me to me but of coarse they are not going to go out and smoke cubs all day the way they are sold i m sure .... it wil lcertainly make a good sleeper setup .never seen a set in person but time will tell i suppose

I'd really have to see the inside of one before I gave it an official thumbs down. I am usually less tham impressed with Vito's stuff, so I don't expect much. :confused:

its nice to see more options pop up i nthe market but I agree the vito products are not usually made with performance in mind more like profit margins in mind ...so if you look i n the new pics they posted up on their site for these yo u can expand the one pic and get a small glimpse of the exhuast design ,i already dont like how they designed the main exhaust port and sub ports and i bet the intake is really conservative judging by the pic of the upper boost port

its nice to see more options pop up i nthe market but I agree the vito products are not usually made with performance in mind more like profit margins in mind ...so if you look i n the new pics they posted up on their site for these yo u can expand the one pic and get a small glimpse of the exhuast design ,i already dont like how they designed the main exhaust port and sub ports and i bet the intake is really conservative judging by the pic of the upper boost port

I think Vito's had developed it's own weird market niche that cater's to the individual who just bought a hot new bike, has some mechanical knowledge, and wants to start midifying their bike without knowing too much about the particular bike.

If I find someone who has a set of these things, I will make sure to post some pictures up of them. I would be willing to bet that the exhaust ports are ok, but I would also venture a bet that the intake side of port setup are not that they shoulf be (if they were, you would probabl see it on the outside of the castings).

IMO for hinest people worried about stock appearance, you can hide a set of cubs pretty well. If I get ahold of a new bike one of these days, I think it would be fun to see how much you could get out of a stock appearing bike (including remade expansion chambers). I think someone down in SoCal already did something like that, but I seem to g=have lost the pictures of it. :geek:

What ever happened to those Viper Sleeves that allowed you to resleeve a pair of stock cylinders and have a briged exhaust port?

to my knowledge these are still available from lakes motorsports ,neat idea but lots of work ,some big names have got some real impressive numbers out of them ,theres only so much capacity in stock jugs

You can use any 4 mil crank. They say their crank because obviously, they want you to buy it.

Cranks are universal until you start getting into bigger strokers with bigger rod ends, etc....

i have the vitos 4 mill crank but it has stock length rods can you use the 115 rods as well?

• 2 weeks later...
I'd really have to see the inside of one before I gave it an official thumbs down. I am usually less tham impressed with Vito's stuff, so I don't expect much. :confused:

You would be correct, Ive seen the specs on these jugs, it could have been something to start with anyway, but unless you do a ton of rework to start with, youll never create a competative drag engine with them compared to a Cub in that price range....Jim

• 2 weeks later...
I think Vito's had developed it's own weird market niche that cater's to the individual who just bought a hot new bike, has some mechanical knowledge, and wants to start midifying their bike without knowing too much about the particular bike.

If I find someone who has a set of these things, I will make sure to post some pictures up of them. I would be willing to bet that the exhaust ports are ok, but I would also venture a bet that the intake side of port setup are not that they shoulf be (if they were, you would probabl see it on the outside of the castings).

IMO for hinest people worried about stock appearance, you can hide a set of cubs pretty well. If I get ahold of a new bike one of these days, I think it would be fun to see how much you could get out of a stock appearing bike (including remade expansion chambers). I think someone down in SoCal already did something like that, but I seem to g=have lost the pictures of it. :geek:

are you talking about stock looking pipes no not the turners but some very stockish looking chambers that had better designs?