powder coating new cases...Motor mounts melt?

$400. for CASES HOLY CRAPOLY!!!! That's insane!!!! Go with 'sheerider"!!! I charge about the same as he does. You can trust "sheerider" and he'll turn it pretty fast I'm sure!

Don't pay anything more than $100 or so for cases man seriously!

Its not 400 for me,.That was one of my buddies friends who charges that much...My guy gives me the good deal..no bs...Thanks,Lowbuckracing

geeze guys!! i have been gone for a day and this thread kinda took off.. sorry i have been away and havent answered any questions,, thanks tate for helping me out.. yea as tate said.. its all about prep work, the way we do it there aro no problems with gasket surfaces or anything.. you will not have to scrape gasket surfaces or kickstart holes when i do them (tate does the same thing by the way) .. if it is masked off right(which is a time consuming pain in the ass) they will look great.. yes i will do anyones cases for 100 bucks.. just let me know.. my turn around is fast.. right now i have a box full of parts i am doing for a guy but hope to have most of it done by late tonight.. but like i said i can have them headed back in your direction within a couple days.. pm me if you want..

Its not 400 for me,.That was one of my buddies friends who charges that much...My guy gives me the good deal..no bs...Thanks,Lowbuckracing

Oh ok well like we have said just make sure the guy masks them off good because especially on cases (like daj says) it can be a huge pain in the ass if you have to scrape and clean up afterwords.

And yeah I understand why some people will charge quite a bit for that type of masking and I pretty much only offer the $100. price to HQ'ers. I charge more to others.

It takes me around 2 hours just to mask...!

yep, he is not kidding about the 2 hours of masking!! and i agree that price is only good for hqer's.. anyone else and the price is considerably higher.. but it looks sweet when you have a nice looking motor.. its always better to take a little more time and do things right.. if you do shitty work pretty soon you will not have any business.. plus if you are like me or tate, we take pride in our work and enjoy doing it.. i just finished up doing a bunch of stuff tonight.. man bike black is super sweet..

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a pretty sick set of cases in the picture now im wanting to do the same i have a dark grey wrinkle PC job done on my frame and a 80% gloss on my arms pegs levers and will do it on my swinger when i get a new one but i haven't ever thought of doing my cases i think i need it now.