powder coating new cases...Motor mounts melt?

nope.. those motor mounts will be just fine.. if it is the nylon crankcase vent you are talking about, yes it needs to be removed.. it just pops out.. do you need a powdercoater?? i have done a boatload of banshee cases.. let me know if you are interested.. here is a pic of a set i did in black.

caseblak008.jpg

nope.. those motor mounts will be just fine.. if it is the nylon crankcase vent you are talking about, yes it needs to be removed.. it just pops out.. do you need a powdercoater?? i have done a boatload of banshee cases.. let me know if you are interested.. here is a pic of a set i did in black.

caseblak008.jpg

Those look killer,I have a guy 7 minutes from my house now..He is willing to give me a killer cut on the hq bike as soon as I get all the parts,I would use guys on here but to ship a frame,a-arms,pegs,blah blah ..I can do it cheap and give this guys buisness a bump in So cal...Thanks for the info..Lowbuckracing!

• Like 1

hey no problem man,, just to be nosey, can i ask what he is going to charge to do the cases?? just wanna see what other guys are charging.. gotta stay competitive on prices .. later,gary

When you seen them posted in two weeks pm me and I will let you know..Kinda special pc job for my dragger!He is giving me a gro deal for giving him buisness from airports and The res guys!ANother of his pc associates wont touch them for under 400 because of all the masking and prep work involved..Hes a little high!!puff puff..cuz!

$400. for CASES HOLY CRAPOLY!!!! That's insane!!!! Go with 'sheerider"!!! I charge about the same as he does. You can trust "sheerider" and he'll turn it pretty fast I'm sure!

Don't pay anything more than $100 or so for cases man seriously!

The rear motor mount will flake/crack the PC a little once you ride it from flexing...other than that, I recommend taping off the sides. I had mine done like seen above....and if I did it over, I would only have the top and bottom done, not the sides...

The rear motor mount will flake/crack the PC a little once you ride it from flexing...other than that, I recommend taping off the sides. I had mine done like seen above....and if I did it over, I would only have the top and bottom done, not the sides...

What issues did you run into with it on the sides daj? I haven't had a problem with any that I've done but if there is an issue out there that I don't know of I would like to be aware of it.

Thanks... By the way did I PM you about my how-to video yet?? can't remember

I was trying to undarstand why people were coating the sides??? I agree w/Dave, eventually the stuff is going to chip and crack and you will have it floating around in your tranny and clutch area....

Well...it goes a little something like this. If you have the time to tape ALL of the holes, nooks, crannies off...then you won't have any problems. However, you can tape the whole side off quicker.

I mean...you're NEVER going to see it when it's running, so what's the point.

Mine wasn't taped hardly at all, so I had gasket surfaces to clean, the hole where the kicker gear goes had to be filed/knifed out...

Over a year now, I don't see flaking or chipping being an issue...I just don't see the point on something you're never gonna see...which would take more time to tape off a bunch of little things than it would be the whole side...all I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, Tate...that looks 100% bad ass!!!!! Great work!

Well...it goes a little something like this. If you have the time to tape ALL of the holes, nooks, crannies off...then you won't have any problems. However, you can tape the whole side off quicker.

I mean...you're NEVER going to see it when it's running, so what's the point.

Mine wasn't taped hardly at all, so I had gasket surfaces to clean, the hole where the kicker gear goes had to be filed/knifed out...

Over a year now, I don't see flaking or chipping being an issue...I just don't see the point on something you're never gonna see...which would take more time to tape off a bunch of little things than it would be the whole side...all I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, Tate...that looks 100% bad ass!!!!! Great work!

Actually that is sheerider's work above but yeah no offense taken I just want to be sure I do the right thing for people and not cause long term issues. I just coated them like that in an attempt to make the cases a little easier to clean in the future is all. And when I do them and I know sheerider does the same, we tape them off really well so the customer doesn't have any scraping or cleanup to do.

Customer care I guess! :biggrin: