Trip To Oregon

180sx Fan

Hey guys im planning a trip down to Oregon either end of June start of July. Ive been looking into it and i think i want to go to Coo's bay. What campsite would you guys recomend or different areas im not really sure what i want to do. I want to try a bit of all types of dune riding and just see what i like. So yeah whats your guys recomendations. let me know.

Personally I enjoy Winchester the most, bigger dunes, and no dune curfew... But if I were you, id ride all 3. Stay at Winchester its in the middle, you got Florence 30-45 minutes north of ya, and Coos 30-45 minutes south of ya... Up to you tho

Edited by BigRobb

Yeah, ride all of them, then decide which you like better. We stay at Winchester Bay.........Discovery Point RV park. It is the only place with direct access to the dunes, and it's an o.k. place to stay. Coos Bay and Florence are very similar.

We were going to Winchester Bay around that time too, buy I don't think it's going to happen...........

Yeh, I would try all 3 out, but I think coos bay is a much better place to ride. Its ALOT bigger as far as how far you can ride, Coos bay to spinreel runs are pretty fun. Winchester is nice, but its pretty small. I have only rode florence once and I wasnt to impressed, every other dune was a huge razor back.

Your only problem will be reservations...if you're only getting one site, you might be alright...but nearly every campground on the Oregon Coast books WELL in advance of summer. I called a few weeks ago and found three sites available at Horsfall in Coos Bay - didn't book...so give them a shot. Most you can book on-line or by phone. But whatever you do, if you're planning on camping, book a site before you go, or you'll be in a hotel. There's nothing like riding from your campsite - not having to trailer your bikes to a staging area.

You want to go to coos bay. I would try to stay in Horsfall campground. Make sure its horsfall and not horsfall beach or Horsfall odnra sandcamp. Horsfall has asphalt sites, bathrooms, and showers. Other places to stay are the beach campground, bull run sand camp, the KOA, sand dunes frontier, spinreel, and the day use sites. I personally already have reservations for the 3 holiday weekends at horsfall, thats my favorite place.