Low Ten Second 1/4 ATV Time Slip

SlowerThanYou

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I want you too give away all your secrets,Is the ignition kill part of air shifter system,or seperate,if so what kind do to the fact I just got that same tranny.I know its taken you years and countless passes to get where you are and I appreciate all the info.Im trying to turn some good times this year

Not that I want you too give away all your secrets,Is the ignition kill part of air shifter system,or seperate,if so what kind do to the fact I just got that same tranny.I know its taken you years and countless passes to get where you are and I appreciate all the info.Im trying to turn some good times this year

We initially used the ignition kill in conjuction with the air shifter. We could only get the air shifter to work around 97 percent of the time. The 3 percent it didn't work, seemed like it always cost us a round win. We took off the air shifter and do it manually now. For the 5 & 6 shift we hit a button and the shift lever at the same time. The button is wired into the Dyna shifter counter/ignition kill. As for secrets, I will point you in the right direction. The same as many people did with me over 30 plus years. We have made about 600 runs on our quad in the past 4 years, but most of the know how came from drag racing cars over the many years.

Bryan

The little that I know comes from dragging cars and bikes,Im usually the electrician on everyones projects,I just set up an r1 with a progressive system,air shifterw/ignition kill its never dawned on me to have a button for ignition kill,its usually automatic.Looks like ill be getting a dyna box.Is there any box that I should look out for not get,I dont know how many there are

is that a dyna programmable cdi? or is it a seperate box. are there any sources on how to wire up a system like that and what all i need for the ignition kill. i also want a shift light but have no idea how to wire to a 2 stroke.

The shift kill is seperate and it's a dyna shift counter/shift kill. We use a 1997 & later dyna progammable ignition and it has a shift light wire/function and we use it. I'm not a big fan of Dyna's customer service and I don't indorse their product. I had to hook up a relay to make the shift counter/shift kill work. Their Engineers couldn't figure out how to wire it correctly. Thanks to a buddy and some back yard engineering we got it to work.

• 1 year later...

Bansheeboy didn't put all the pieces of the puzzle together! We started running asphalt in 2005 on alky. Jan. 2008 we decided to swtich to race gas. The video was taken our 1st time out on gas. Now if you look at the time slip date May, 2008 we had made a great improvements on the tune-up. Plus, we were at a different track with a lower altittude.

Now, if you have a point to be made. Grow some balls, pull your head out of you mudflower and spit it out; Boy!

BK