Fox Float Evol Vs Elka

Joshtruction

My personal prefrence and from what I hear about the 2 brands is Elka is the better of the 2 for dirt riding and Ive also heard The Fox Evols fade alot faster than Elkas.

yup its all going to be i like this or i run that. The two are comprable to each other, the foxes cost alot more i want to say but that doesnt mean they are any better. Its all about how you like the way they feel. I have riddin a 450 with both elka and foxes and i liked the way the foxes felt, but our riding styles and wieght and everything else could make a differance.

yup its all going to be i like this or i run that. The two are comprable to each other, the foxes cost alot more i want to say but that doesnt mean they are any better. Its all about how you like the way they feel. I have riddin a 450 with both elka and foxes and i liked the way the foxes felt, but our riding styles and wieght and everything else could make a differance.

Exactaly, One shock could be better for someone than another. It is all prefrence, feedback from others, and searching as much as you can about the products you are looking to buy. Ive rode on a bunch of diffrent bikes with diffrent suspension setups and I was suprised sometimes on wich brand I liked better but its all about how the shocks are setup. You can have the most expensive shocks out there and like a set of a diffrent or the same brand much better on a diffrent bike if its setup rite.

Elka is a great company and there products are proven and very quality. Fox is been around for a good while but more in the sled scene. From what i read and hear the new fox evols are down right sick. Really its all if what you wanna pay and your preference. Id love evols but for a lower price i can get elkas that perform almost as good if not as good.

yup the new Evols are insane, i rode a 450 with them and all i can say is WOW! If money wasnt a big dal i would pick them as my top shock. They are super easy to adjust and they just flat out rode awsome. Now keep in mind i rode on a track with the elkas and foxes and weighed 210 or so at the time so depending on your size and what kind of riding they might be totally differant. Good thing with Foxes are you can change the pressure your self making the shock setup for more then one kind of riding unlike all the other brands. but it comes at a cost

im a really big fan of fox shox.. and run them on my sled. i have fox zero X on my pro and never had a problem with them what so ever. i ride that thing pretty hard too.

imo from what ive seen in sno cross fox floats aren't the best they blow alot of seals and break in half... but they do ride like noting else when they work right... i have herd nothing but good things about elka and the price is right also..really its yur call. i would sure like to know how a shee would ride with fox float evol..