Vito's 404 monoblock

I know a guy that 'upgraded' to the 404 monoblock, and it definately 'downgraded' his performance. Now to be fair, he had one hell of a stock cylinder setup, and the bike ripped. He was not impressed with the 404, and the guys riding the dunes that weekend were not impressed either.

Maybe is was not setup correctly, jetted correctly, or something else, but he went from really quick to just quick with his 404. With the cub as an alternative, I would not choose to use the 404.

The vitos cylinders don't come with porting like cubs do do they, I didn't think they did. If that's the case and he just got the 404 over ported stockers then year there's gonna be a reduction in performance. I'm not trying to defend the 404 per say I've never heard a whole lot of good about them but that could be a factor in his loss of performance, among the other things you mentioned.

I think it's going to depend on what you are using it for... If you're looking for a dune/drag set up... The Cub would be my first choice... I've seen the Vito's set up run... They're OK... I wouldn't even consider one with the other choices out there though.