hesitent

longmont

i just had a new top end put in do to low compresion. It still dont have real great compresion but i think after the break in it will be better i hope. but the probablem i have is when i take off it has a little hesatation.I also put new reeds and it does have some after market carbs on it.I am not sure if it is do to lack of compresion or the carbs just need ajusted.It seems to run great at high rpms.It also dont fire up on the first kick ever time .thanks guys

what is your compression at? mine before break in with a milled head only had 120 now it has about 132...make sure your pilots are clean and both carbs are in sync...what clip is your needle on?

the compresion is at about 100

Unless you have some BIG domes, I vote time to rebuild. 100psi is really low. Stock bikes have between 125-135, depending on your elevation. What size domes do you have? And, what's your elevation?

i live in the mile high city.I beleave the domes are stock I had them cheaked out with the sleeves they just got honed with the new top end. What else could I do. I was told after the rings seat there would be more compresion is that true?

U het the right size pistons?

I had a similar problem with mine. Fresh top end, initial compression was 105 on both cylinders. After break in it is 125 on both. I also live just outside of Denver. If you can't figure it out I would be happy to help.

I had a similar problem with mine. Fresh top end, initial compression was 105 on both cylinders. After break in it is 125 on both. I also live just outside of Denver. If you can't figure it out I would be happy to help.

I was told today that it is not unnormal to have only 100 psi at this elevation.I took the cylenders and head to epic motor sport to make sure i was getting the right size piston. On the top of the old pison it said it was bored over but the measure ment was a stock bore still.I didnt get it bored but they did hone it.I am going to get a new commpresion tester tonight maybe mine was f***ed up this hole time.