THE ULTIMATE DUNNING BANSHEE

I built MY ultimate dune bike this past summer. http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...c=86764&hl=

I went with 4 mill crank, aggressive dune port, T5's, 33 pwk's, bumped the timing, dual k&n's etc.

+2+1 A-Arms, and a +4 Swinger. I have works shocks up front, and had TCS rebuild my rear shock.

I have haulers, and mohawks on it now, but I think I am going back to sand skate II's and the wider STU fronts for next season. Haulers are better on the hill, but I liked the SS II's better in the dunes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I built MY ultimate dune bike this past summer. http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...c=86764&hl=

I went with 4 mill crank, aggressive dune port, T5's, 33 pwk's, bumped the timing, dual k&n's etc.

+2+1 A-Arms, and a +4 Swinger. I have works shocks up front, and had TCS rebuild my rear shock.

I have haulers, and mohawks on it now, but I think I am going back to sand skate II's and the wider STU fronts for next season. Haulers are better on the hill, but I liked the SS II's better in the dunes.

What exactly did you do with the timming? cool head?

For the rear tires I was thinking of the Skat Trak Edge, how are they compared with the SSII?

Glamis is wide open and the dunes are huge and soft. Horsepower rules there. I would build a 4mil aggresively ported stock cylinder or a 4mil cub, 39pwks with billet bowls, shearer inframes billet clutch basket, HD clutch, billet impelar, cool head and lots of bling. +2+1 a-arms, good shocks, widened rear axle, 4inch roundhouse swinger. Do a DC conversion and put some HID headlights on it. 21x12x8 skat trak haulers with 22x8x10 fronts. Oh wait, thats what i am building :biggrin:

OK, I am getting the idea on the engine. Definetly a 4 mil either stoock cylinders with agresive dune port or a cleaned up cub.

On the lights, where can I get nice HID or PIA headlights? how much lights can I use with the stock stator?

I am thinking of adding one or two flood headlight under the bumper, just like a sand rail, what do you think?

OK, I am getting the idea on the engine. Definetly a 4 mil either stoock cylinders with agresive dune port or a cleaned up cub.

On the lights, where can I get nice HID or PIA headlights? how much lights can I use with the stock stator?

I am thinking of adding one or two flood headlight under the bumper, just like a sand rail, what do you think?

If you want some good lighting, you need to step up and get a 200watt stator. The stock stator will only handle 2 x 35 watt lights. For the PIAA lights, you can get them from ricky stator, or you can get the small billet lights from trail tech, lazer star, or ricky stator. HIDs are available from ricky stator, trail tech, baja designs, and many others. Check out this thread for some good info on HID. justintoxicated in this thread has a lot of experience with HID and answered a lot of my questions. I haven't decided which lights Im going with yet as I just blew about 6 grand on my bike in the last 2 months and the lighting is going to have to wait until next season.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87945

As far as putting lights under the bumper. The lower on the bike you put the lights, the less effective they are IMHO. Also in my experience with both the PIAA and the trail tech billet lights, I dont care for flood lights. To me the light is wasted. I prefer to run multiple spot lights or driving beam and aim them where i want. I would get a 200w stator and regulator, then put 2x 50 watt spots down in the stock position, and 1 50, or 2 x 35 watt spots on the bars. It makes it nice when some of the light is on the bars as it lights where you are steering. If you go HID, you woul probably just need 2 x 35 watt down low and maybe a smaller 35 watt billet style on the bars for killer light.

OK...let's backup just a little...

What is your budget overall, is the question. We can give you all the recommendations in the world, but if you're looking at spending 2k and we're piling up 8K worth of mods, it's kind of pointless......

Very true, but he asked for ultimate, so.... Now budget wise, a fully built cub, stator, regulator lights swinger a-arms shocks etc, you will have 8-10 k in it. Ask me how I know. Definitely cheaper to buy one built, just another .02 on the situation

OK...let's backup just a little...

What is your budget overall, is the question. We can give you all the recommendations in the world, but if you're looking at spending 2k and we're piling up 8K worth of mods, it's kind of pointless......

The starting point will be a stock banshee in good shape (no repair needed) and 4-5K