Engine cuts out

ephollen

Wasn't sure to put this question here or jetting. So anyway my bike will start up fine and run for awhile and then all of a sudden it will die like it loses spark. Sometimes it will start right back up and sometimes it will take a few minutes to get it running again. Also when it starts to die sometimes i will pull my clutch in and it will stay running but sometimes that doesn't work at all. It seems like most of the time that it happens is when I am on the throttle pretty hard. It is just so damn random. I am not sure if there is a possible short in my wiring or maybe the carbs are running out of gas. My mods are Vito's hemi head, 34mm pj's, timing advanced +4, K&N pods. Bought the bike a couple months ago and I can go all day without it dying and then the next day it might do it 3-4 times, sometimes consequetively. Please Help!

Wasn't sure to put this question here or jetting. So anyway my bike will start up fine and run for awhile and then all of a sudden it will die like it loses spark. Sometimes it will start right back up and sometimes it will take a few minutes to get it running again. Also when it starts to die sometimes i will pull my clutch in and it will stay running but sometimes that doesn't work at all. It seems like most of the time that it happens is when I am on the throttle pretty hard. It is just so damn random. I am not sure if there is a possible short in my wiring or maybe the carbs are running out of gas. My mods are Vito's hemi head, 34mm pj's, timing advanced +4, K&N pods. Bought the bike a couple months ago and I can go all day without it dying and then the next day it might do it 3-4 times, sometimes consequetively. Please Help!

It does sound like the spark, check for loose or pinched wires. Pull the mag cover off and make sure the spark pickup is tight and the gap is set properly (I forget what it is supposed to be or I would tell you).

Check the TORS circuit and make sure it wa properly disconnected.

It does sound like the spark, check for loose or pinched wires. Pull the mag cover off and make sure the spark pickup is tight and the gap is set properly (I forget what it is supposed to be or I would tell you).

Check the TORS circuit and make sure it wa properly disconnected.

Yeah I know the gap is set correctly I checked that but I did not think of the tors wiring. I will check that today. Thanks.

Sounds alot like how my stator acted up when it was dieing. It would cut out or die when it got really hot from riding, so it would obviously do it and different times depending on how or where I was riding. And the lowere RPMs would be fine. I would start there and also your coil and plug caps.

I just had almost the exact same problem.. I'm not too great with carbs so if I label something wrong please correct me... My bike was acting like the bowl was running dry..this was right after i put a 2 into 1 setup on.. AFter hours of playing around there was a little spring on top of the float that keeps tension down on the float. The gas raises the float t stop fuel and when it falls the spring is supposed to push down and let gas by. The spring was installed correctly and the float was barely letting gas by. After running the bowl dry it would shut off. Wait a second and it would start right back up.. Don't know if ti helps ya but worth a look i guess

nah man, spark is probably good. i just had this same exact issue. so random, so frustrating!!! i know it sounds simple but clean your carbs, run some gas out of your tank into a bowl and inspect it for black chunks. i had this same issue tho and it ended up there was crap stuck clear up in the main jet on the left carb. ran fine on low and mid rpm, but you really put the hammer down and it would bog, sometimes die. that was my deal anyways. hope this helps. i would do that THEN ignition coil. 20 bucks on ebay, or send me 30 and ill ship you one.