why does this site only seem to work during the day

wesw

Hey guys. I put back the statistics and users area (bottom of forums home). I had to turn it off to diagnose some weird CPU/Memory issues on the old server, but it should be fine on this new one.

As for the shoutbox, I'm working on it, but the one I was using had some known security issues. To the extent that the site could be "compromised" by using the security holes within the shoutbox. And it was, for all intense purposes, a resource hog (memory mostly). Fear not though, I'll find a good one. :cool:

Addressing the downtime issue, it's been annoying me too. Which is why I took the site offline for a few hours here & there yesterday to do some server upgrades (by that I mean the software platform that the sites run on and the OS). Unfortunately I couldn't have the site up during some of the upgrades.

I'm closely monitoring log files and resource usage pretty much on the hour to see trends and spikes in the traffic, and what is being run when the site goes down around 10 or 11 PM each night. I'm on right now at 10:00 and the server seems slow, and intermittent. but up.

I know it's bothersome, but to make up for some downtime in the last month, I'm working steadily at a few additions which I am about to make an announcement in the Site Announcements forum now.

-Lee

I cursed it. Irony at its best. just as i hit submit at 10:30 or so it pooched. which now I think I found two things that are scheduled for 10:30 but should be separated... think i have a bug-report to fill out somewhere.

To be honest man its just good that your showing up more and keeping us up to date.. Even noticed last time the site was down for maintnance and such, you had a time of which you estimated it would be back up.. I personaly appreciate that as its showing more effort on your part.. I realize this site has to be time consuming as hell and allot of work goes on that none of us know about.. But when it seems your gone forever(site problems taking forever to get fixed or atleast responded to) it makes people like me wonder what the hell is up..

So what Iam trying to say is thanks for some of the answeres and showin up more.. Its good to SEE you workin on improving the site and Iam sure Iam not the only one in saying I appreciate that..

RIPPEN