28m carbs

alf44

so i got a set of mikuni 28m carbs for 150 bucks. There flat slides square tops. Are these gonna make a big difference over the stock ones on my shee or did i jump the gun and get these for no reason. My mods are listed in my sig. And i will be putting v3s on also. Thanks for any input. :confused:

Edited by alf44

It's a nice carb don't get me wrong & I prefer it over stock.

But you went from 28mm to 28mm so not much will change.

What compression you running? You might be able to go lower on those domes & that would make a better difference. Also think your +4 Swinger on 10 paddle haulers might be too much for stock cylinders, knock two off each one or get a portjob & you'll be good!

26mm are stock. If i was too run straight race gas with my setup i could go 19cc domes. Right now i run 50race 50 super. I am also going to change my paddles to a 9 mabey even 8. So whats the difference in a flat slide and the round?

so i got a set of mikuni 28m carbs for 150 bucks. There flat slides square tops. Are these gonna make a big difference over the stock ones on my shee or did i jump the gun and get these for no reason. My mods are listed in my sig. And i will be putting v3s on also. Thanks for any input. :confused:

I just went to 28MM PWKs and they rip, def feel a difference over the stock 26MM

i have a set of 28pwk's i love them. only reason i'm selling them and goin bigger is to go to alcy

How much you selling for. I just realized the ebayer i got these from screwd me there both left sides with a choke on each of them. Id rather have pwks anyway. Let me no.

now i dont know what kind of carbs you bought, but they are probably supposed to be like that.

keihin pwk's, mikuni tm's etc, dont have "left" carbs and "right" carbs. they are off single cylinder motocross bikes so when in pairs the carbs are just identical, with the chokes on the left side and the fuel feed too. and the chokes dont connect on these carbs.

the stock banshee setup is the only carbs that are left and right, with the chokes connecting.

now i dont know what kind of carbs you bought, but they are probably supposed to be like that.

keihin pwk's, mikuni tm's etc, dont have "left" carbs and "right" carbs. they are off single cylinder motocross bikes so when in pairs the carbs are just identical, with the chokes on the left side and the fuel feed too. and the chokes dont connect on these carbs.

the stock banshee setup is the only carbs that are left and right, with the chokes connecting.

Hmm thats interesting. They just seem kindof odd to me there a mikuni and everyone ive told about them said they dont make a flatslide that they must be keihin but there not. Oh well mabey ill try em out mabey i wont.

Hmm thats interesting. They just seem kindof odd to me there a mikuni and everyone ive told about them said they dont make a flatslide that they must be keihin but there not. Oh well mabey ill try em out mabey i wont.

Mikuni does make a flatslide. I ran them on alky on my sons Jr. Dragster motor. I would like to have a set of 28 flats.