Rebuild?

alright so i have everything tore down and the motor out of my banshee it looks as if it needs new cases, crank, and set of pistons for sure...what else should i do besides that? bored and hone?

i'm not sure if i'll do all this work myself but where should i send my stuff for the rebuild?

also is it even worth building or should i just buy a used running motor off ebay or something?

i also might look into getting some porting done if everythings not to pricey...which brings me to my next question...how much should i be lookin to spend at a shop with all that listed above? thanks!

Get a used set of cases, send me your crank, I can get it fixed/welded if it's not too bad, bearings are pretty cheap.

However, if a rod is shot...better off getting a good used one.

Get your stuff off ebay....for the best prices.

Used cases off ebay range from 150 to 300 shipped.

Used Cranks for 100 to 150 for stock stroke.

New pistons and ALL gaskets are 180ish...give or take.

Depending on how your cylinders measure out and their condition is if you need new cylinders or not, they can probably be bored then honed if they have enough meat on 'em.

If you dissasembled it all yourself, you have the tools to reassemble, just use a clymers as your guide and for torque specs.

Porting can run from 200 to 500...which normally includes a bore and hone.