AAAAGGGGGHHHH stupid clutch

Man I need help I can not get my shee in neutral when I pull the clutch in. I don't know what to do? I read my clymers and I have lined my clutch arrows up (the ones on top of the case where the clutch cable goes into) Nothing . I also try adjusting that clutch plate screw all over the place and nothing. Please help what do I do next. My shee will switch gears and find neutral but nothing when I engage the clutch.

what are you asking ???

#1...You cant get to neutral bike stopped . engine running clutch lever pulled.??????

#2....or you pull the lever and nothing happens? does not disengage?

the best way to find neutral. is when you are costing slow speed pull the clutch and then pull up from first gear Just a smige let out clutch rev it up. IF its in second go back to first and try again..

or just shut the bike down stick it in neutral and then start it back up..

neutral can be a bitch on these things, mine feels spongy but with just the right amount of pressure i can find neutral from first or second. (running, clutch in and adjusted fine. no lurching when you go into gear)

You're still missing the boat here, and not answering the questions so that help may be provided to you. The clutch is designed so that you can stay in gear when you pull the clutch in. I don't think you quite know how to word the problem that you are having, but I think I know what is happening. First of all, clutch engagement/disengagement is like this:

Engagement- The clutch lever is out, and if it is in gear and the engine is running, the bike should be moving

Disengagement- The clutch lever is pulled in, and with the motor rujning, the bike shouldn't move, unless there are issues

I believe you are having problems with the disengagement end of things, in that when you pull the clutch in, the clutch doesn't disengage? If this is the case, you may have assembled the basket wrong, or forgot to put the ball bearing in after you install the disengagement actuator rod. This is what commonly welds itself together when you pull the clutch in going downhill, or coasting, and you don't have enough oil in the tranny.

Now, a couple questions for you.

Does the clutch lever pull in and out freely? Does it fell like it is actually moving anything? When the clutch cover is off, and you pull the clutch lever, can you see the pressure plate move away from the clutch plates? Also, the screw that you "moved all over the place" has a specific adjustment parameter or all hell will break loose, or weld itself together, as previously mantioned. Did the bike all of the suden do this, or did you put a new clutch in>?

You are right I am having problems with the disengagement. This is a fairly new clutch that was on the engine that I just bought. I have that set screw adjusted so my arrows line up on the top of the engine case. When I pull in the clutch I do see the pressure plate move away from the clutch plates.

OK, so if your comfortable with pulling the cover and adjusting acuator rod, I would think you would be very capable of adjusting your cable enough to get the clutch close "if it were right" I think I would pull the clutch and check it seein that you got it used, you just dont know what the other guy did untill you get into it. Thats the first thing I had to replace when I got mine, had to replace the total housing/grooved badly to where plates was sticking.

Hey what's up guys. Alright here is the update. I tooke the pressure plate off and made sure the little ball and rod were in the hole and they were. So then I figured I would take all the clutch and friction plates off. So I did that. Then I realized I had a spare set of plates in my old engine. So I grabbed them and installed them and I still have the same response it's not disengaging.