crank rebuilding

1ugly88

i tore down my motor last week due to the fact that it has been FULL of water for about 6 months now. wanted to make sure there was no major damage inside the case and since i got the bike in a non-running condition i needed to know if i got a basket case. anyways, due to the water one one my rod bearings was tight at the crank. after soaking her in the parts washer for a few days she loosened up and began to rotate again. due to my nervous nature i brought it to thwe local shop to have it rebuilt. they told me that i cannot just change the rod bearings but have to do the rod itself. at that point i was told to just replace the crank. due to my finaces this is impossible. am i be bs'ed or do i have to replace it? am willing to ship it to someone to get this done the right way the first time.

by the time you buy new bearings and pay someone to rebuild your stock crank youll be spending more than if you just bought a brand new hot rods crank

I have a stock crank that is out of tollerance with good rods/bearings if you want it. Just pay shipping. I kept it for thses parts, but both my motors have +4 hotrods in em, so the stockers are of no use. PM me if interested. I dont know how to take it appart. :shrug: If anyone knows a general price to ship one, feel free to chime in lol. Im guessing maybe 25-30 dollars?