R.I.S. Designs shifter

jamebo

Found a shifter at Rocky Mountain atv that looks really sweet, an I.R.S. Designs aluminum shifting petal. The price is good at around 68 bucks, and I was wondering if anyone else is using one and if so what they think about them.

I was going to go with a Pro-design, but like the looks of this one better. I've never used an aluminum shifter before, do they hold up as good as steel ones?

Just wanted a little info on them if possible before I start trying to manage the money around for it.

I think I'll go ahead and order one then, sounds like it will be a good purchase. I've been wanting a billet shifter for awhile now, and I like this one the best out of all the ones I've seen so far. Just wanted to make sure it was a good product, thanks for the replys, guys.

Found a shifter at Rocky Mountain atv that looks really sweet, an I.R.S. Designs aluminum shifting petal. The price is good at around 68 bucks, and I was wondering if anyone else is using one and if so what they think about them.

I was going to go with a Pro-design, but like the looks of this one better. I've never used an aluminum shifter before, do they hold up as good as steel ones?

Just wanted a little info on them if possible before I start trying to manage the money around for it.

In the next month or so, I'll be getting back some chromed stock shifters if you're interested...probably be charging 30 to 35 each shipped..depending on what my chromer hits me for them.

That is one sharp looking shifter, ClimbAnyHill. That's cool the way it's drilled out, too.

That sounds like a really good deal on a chromed shifter dajogejr, and I appreciate it, but I'm already in the process of getting an RIS.

Owner Rudy of RIS is a cool guy too, met him at the Pismo Beach drags & Sand Show!

Most of their stuff is really nice, only thing I don't like is their 3 bar bumpers.

Yeah, I know the bumpers your talking about, and I agree. I just started learning about their products since the shifter, and I think I'm going to check on what they have in exhaust clamps. I'm still using the stock, rubber hose type pieces on my fatty's. I know I'm really looking forward to getting the shifter.

It's going to take some time, but eventually I will have my Shee fixed up pretty good. I'm finding all kinds of stuff I want for it, only problem is the money! lol

( I guess like they say, welcome to the sickness! )

• 5 weeks later...
I like the motto on the package, Banshee "fear no gear" shifter! I installed it right after I got home.

I'm on my 3rd RIS shifter the first 2 cracked. Howevere I think they were milled a little off and the 3rd one seems to be holding up fine (Thicker walls in the lightened section). However NONE of my shifters look anything like yours WTF. All three of mine were 2 piece shifters.

Other than cracking my only complaint is that it does not have brass splines like my buddies. He can put the shifter in way more positions with the brass spline insert. My RIS seems to either be too tall or too low for me to get good consistant shifts with boots on. I have it set in the too high position for now and dremeled down the stator cover where it rubs it.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I'm on my 3rd RIS shifter the first 2 cracked. Howevere I think they were milled a little off and the 3rd one seems to be holding up fine (Thicker walls in the lightened section). However NONE of my shifters look anything like yours WTF. All three of mine were 2 piece shifters.

Other than cracking my only complaint is that it does not have brass splines like my buddies. He can put the shifter in way more positions with the brass spline insert. My RIS seems to either be too tall or too low for me to get good consistant shifts with boots on. I have it set in the too high position for now and dremeled down the stator cover where it rubs it.

Well I found the shifter on RMATV, but the one they sent me is different than the one that was pictured. The one shown on their website had a grooved, round shifting peg with diamond shaped etching along the top of the lever.

This one is more plain, but I like it alot. I think the flat end of it is pretty cool. You may have one like I thought I was initially receiving.

Well I found the shifter on RMATV, but the one they sent me is different than the one that was pictured. The one shown on their website had a grooved, round shifting peg with diamond shaped etching along the top of the lever.

This one is more plain, but I like it alot. I think the flat end of it is pretty cool. You may have one like I thought I was initially receiving.

Althoguh I had problems I would still recommend them they seem to backup their products. I have not had any problems with the latest one other than the crappy adjustment (same as most other shifters though). I still wish they would make one with the brass splines insert.