Changed from T4's to T5's

tnr

Last week I was looking thru craigslist and a guy had some T5's for sale. He didnt have the silencers for them, but had the stingers, stainless front hanger, polished cascade exhaust clamps, and pipe bodies (obviously). He wanted $200 for them, so I offered him $175 and now they are mine. My question is, do you think I may have to rejet a bit because of the different pipe. I found a graph showing the power curves on both pipes, but wont let me upload it. I found it on toomeys sight on their T5 more info. I ordered some silencers from Toomey and when those get in I will have some T4's for sale. Thanks for your help in advance.

If you're ordering them direct from Toomey...I'd ask Stuart Toomey himself (if he even works there still, I'm pretty sure they sold out).

Really though, a quick ride and a plug chop will tell you... I'd say you might have to rejet a size or two at most....just my opinion, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to take the shee out for a long weekend at the dunes, and I must say the T5's have a bit more than I originally thought. Compared to the T4's shee seemed to stay in the powerband a few thousand more RPM's. The bottom end was not that different, the T4's seemed to have a little more but not that much. I was actually suprised when I had to jet down. I was running a 160 main, 50 pilot, and needle in the third clip. I kept the needle in the same spot, but put in a 152 main and a 48 pilot and shee ran like the cops were chasing her. Overall, I am totally satisfied with the T5's for now. The addiction is in full effect, I just purchased a 4 mil stroker crank with a 5 mil long rod. The bad thing is I have maybe 20-25 hours on her since new top end and never rode her at all before that. Good thing I got my wife a Blaster to justify the shit I do to the shee. The only bad part is I have to things to her bike in the process. I wish I had a money tree in the backyard......