cpi's or shears

kawiking

if you can ride and like that exposive BURURUREREUEUREURUERUUREREERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE power shear's

if you dont know how to launch your bike higher than 2,000 rpms and just want that lazy vvrrruuuummmmeeeppphhhhh feeling use your cpi's

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt uses a good chromer now. So the chrome isnt as bad as before... althought he still hasnt fixed the left pipe thing the stingers fit much better over the pods!

I have to disagree. I just got my shearers drop shipped straight from shearer yesterday (So i know they aren't old stock sitting on a shelf somewhere) I think the chrome is pretty shitty. Im pretty disapointed to be honest with you. At every welded seam there are spots that the chrome didn't stick. Its almost like the welds weren't cleaned or something. And you can see every nick and scratch. Definitely not what i would call a show chrome as they are saying he now has done. Im really nervous about what theses things are going to look like after a trip or 2 to pismo. That salt finds anything bare. :down::down: I really wish I would have ordered them from cascade now. They get them from shearer raw and have their show chrome done.

if u were to put shears on a 4 mill cub -- unported for now -- would u go with sb or bb shears ??

Depends on your builder and build. Some builders are setting them up to favor the Big bores while others are still favoring the small bores. If its just a clean up port I think the small bores would be the better pipe.

I think the chrome on my Shearers are beautiful... However, after two rides, it split a seam. He warranted them and sent it back within a week of having it in his possession.

It's hit or miss with shearer. I think he makes a great pipe, but sometimes the welds aren't great quality.

When I got my pipes, the delay I waited out was because he switched chromers....I paid for production, but got show for free due to my long wait.

Keil...the RDZ pipes are not a fraction of the price as Shearers.

He does not offer chrome at all, and here's his pricing:

Smallbores 449.00

Bigbores 529.00

And those are for stinger tube pipes, not silenced....you can get bare shearers stinger tube or silenced for that much.

RDZ pipes are basically a Matt Shearer pipe with Rob's own tweaks done to them.....

I also have CPI pipes....but they are one out each side, and I'm 99% sure they are small bore.

CPI and Shearer both run just fine on a cub...get whatever you can find in your price range. You won't be dissapointed. This is with OOF, though. I would NEVER buy CPI inframes, their fit/routing is terrible. Between spark plug access being shitty to the stinger tubes hitting the air filters, they're crap.

The Shearer inframe has the best stinger tube design in the biz as far as I'm concerned!!!

well i have both , cpi in and out of frames.id rather run oof's but i run more on sand bars, so they bounce around alot . ive broke the welds on the oof's where they hook up for the foot pegs.so , i guess ill be running in frames.

I have to disagree. I just got my shearers drop shipped straight from shearer yesterday (So i know they aren't old stock sitting on a shelf somewhere) I think the chrome is pretty shitty. Im pretty disapointed to be honest with you. At every welded seam there are spots that the chrome didn't stick. Its almost like the welds weren't cleaned or something. And you can see every nick and scratch. Definitely not what i would call a show chrome as they are saying he now has done. Im really nervous about what theses things are going to look like after a trip or 2 to pismo. That salt finds anything bare. :down::down: I really wish I would have ordered them from cascade now. They get them from shearer raw and have their show chrome done.

man if you think the new chrome is bad you shoud see the old chrome, that was garbage!

what sucks is if something happens and he dose fix the pipe he dose NOT fix the chrome which is bullshit! if the pipe fails do to a mistake on his side of the build then he should fix the whole thing. you paid for a pipe that was built correctly if it fails it should be his fix!

man if you think the new chrome is bad you shoud see the old chrome, that was garbage!

what sucks is if something happens and he dose fix the pipe he dose NOT fix the chrome which is bullshit! if the pipe fails do to a mistake on his side of the build then he should fix the whole thing. you paid for a pipe that was built correctly if it fails it should be his fix!

Yep, that does suck. I dont doubt you when you say the old was worse, I guess the thing that is bumming me out is for 50 bucks more, I could have gotten them from cascade, and the chrome stuff i have seen from them has been stellar. Oh well, fuck it a couple of trips to pismo and it will probably look like shit anyway.

I just installed a set BBore cpi's on my bike this afternoon. I had no problem what-so-ever. I used the same .750 spacer I had up front for hangers It cleared everything. Frame , Head the pipes ain't hitting anything. I have plenty of room changing plugs. Plenty room to shut the fuel off. So I not shure what you guy's are talking about. I had no problem with BIG BORES. It might be tight to do a jet change though. But I can live with it. I'll pull both carbs out to do a jet change, no biggy.

Ruberneck, If your chrome is not satisfactory then we need to send them back to Shearer as he said he will cover it! The old chrome was not chrome it was only nickeled and Shearer does NOT offer that anymore becuase other dealers were trying to pass it on as chrome instead of Nickel. The new chrome IS better and is chrome like CPI chrome. Any Shearer chrome pipes that come from my shop will be taken care of if they are not up to par!!! We want everyone to be happy and F.A.S.T. !!!!!!!

Jeff, Cool. I was going to give you a call to ask you about them, just been so damn busy with other stuff haven't had a chance. I will run it by you and see if it is the norm for their chrome or not. It just looks like there are a bunch of spots around the seams that didn't take the chrome. If it were to stay this way, I probably wouldnt care once on the bike. But i am worried after any use the spots will start to rust and that will be a bummer. I'll give you a buzz next week.

Ruberneck, If your chrome is not satisfactory then we need to send them back to Shearer as he said he will cover it! The old chrome was not chrome it was only nickeled and Shearer does NOT offer that anymore becuase other dealers were trying to pass it on as chrome instead of Nickel. The new chrome IS better and is chrome like CPI chrome. Any Shearer chrome pipes that come from my shop will be taken care of if they are not up to par!!! We want everyone to be happy and F.A.S.T. !!!!!!!

Are you sure he will cover it jeff? thats th whole reason i sold my other shearers to get the new ones was he wanted me to pay 150 bucks to have them re-chromed. so in the end it would have cost me more to get the old ones rechromed then to just buy new ones.