Pipe chrome flaking

See there lies my problem, i dont wanna spend a huge amount for chroming them and then they just blue again and look like shit. On the other hand chrome looks damn good and would go great with the scheme I am going for vs. the high temp pc...

good chroming isnt cheap but it wont kill you either.. talk to Bk_banshee on here. his name is brian he does killer work. the one thing that sucks shipping pipes is they cost alot to ship. i just sold my pipes to a guy and it cost me 36 bucks to ship them.

as far as bluing goes, sever bluing is break your running leak and its the extra heat causing it. you may show signs of a little bluing with normal conditions but that just part of it. and its only at the flanges

that was supposed to say sever bluing is BECAUSE your running lean but I'm a retard and wasnt paying attention to what i typed..

its because when you run lean your motor runs hotter. the hotter exhaust temps will cause the chrome to blue more

Edited by Bansh-eman

i bought a set of rechromed T5's still no blueing yet. look like new down at the flanges. well i should say new its kinda a slight yellowish color at the flanges but from there on up still like new. i dont think all chrome blues and flakes my buddies CPI's still look new after 2 years aswell. bu tiv heard CPI has wicked chrome. anyway i would be if you had them rechromed by someone good they wouldnt blue