backfire from left side

just had bike redone topend 65mm bore checked everything so i thought but when bike warms up on left side it backfires.

when the choke is on it seems not to do it as much can anyone help me!! i am just about done with this piece !

it has great compression reeds are good new carb kits new crank seal :mad: whats next :banghead: :banghead:

Edited by desert nut

just had bike redone topend 65mm bore checked everything so i thought but when bike warms up on left side it backfires.

when the choke is on it seems not to do it as much can anyone help me!! i am just about done with this piece !

it has great compression reeds are good new carb kits new crank seal :mad: whats next :banghead: :banghead:

You've got an air leak somewhere on the side that back firing........... Base gasket, reed gasket, crank seal etc.?

well i checked but i can not find the fn leak :banghead: it gets warm and seems like the left side backfires but when i pull choke for a few seconds it looks like it sucks some fuel from left side to right on through carb cross over tube the i put choke in and it fires fine for a but :verymad: could it be the choke plunger :shrug: i don't fn know just throw'n it out there can some one help????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

if one is light and one is dark how sure can you be that its an air leak? could be a plugged up carb.

the lean pop is definitley not a good sign.

just a side thought tho (check your jetting and clean carbs anyway) give your coil wires a wiggle and make sure there not worn. ive lost fire in a cylinder before, loaded it up and then had it backfire when the cap seated onto the plug good enough to ignite.

i can nit find prob. when i put half choke on it stops to backfire when warm can it be the carbs or it still may be an air leak :confused: i don't understand why it seems to work fine when choke is half on :confused:

It works fine when the choke is on because the choke adds more fuel, thus relieving the lean condition................. :geek:

If it is popping only on one side, I would suspect it to be an air leak.

could it be the carb choke plunger because i am having a hell of a time finding the dam leak :confused: :ermm: . could the the head gasket or base gasket be blown if the mechanic did not torq the head down properly :confused::down:

could it be the carb choke plunger because i am having a hell of a time finding the dam leak :confused: :ermm: . could the the head gasket or base gasket be blown if the mechanic did not torq the head down properly :confused::down:

check screw cap on top of plug, had many ngk's come loose and cause poor ignition. deffinately clean your carbs tho all it takes is a grain of sand to cause problems and make sure the slides are even when you pull throttle open, should open simotaneously.