RIP Boyd Coddington

caddyman

Don't know how many of you guys are car guys...........BUT, Boyd Coddington died at age 63 Wednesday........

WOW, it almost brought a tear to my eye, through the years I have purchased many a wheel he had put his name on..........

A LEGEND in the hot rod world, I'm going to go crack a beer and salute him. Prayers go out to his wife and family...

Edited by caddyman

wow ... i hadnt heard that yet. that sucks... he was like mr. hot rod. what did he pass away of ??

They have not released how yet. But if you follow him and the show, he looked like shit this last season.........

Going to guess massive heart attack.

Edited by caddyman

They have not released how yet. But if you follow him and the show, he looked like shit this last season.........

Going to guess massive heart attack.

linky.........http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_CODDINGTON?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-02-28-21-05-11

He was in some legal trouble too as I understand. The stress from that couldve really hurt a man of his age.

yeah I remember watching a show where the crew were divided into teams . Boyd built a car and the other guys built a truck , and they had to drive the cars like 700 miles to the event . Alot of problems for both teams , but if I remember correct Boyd won . I enjoyed his show , he was the man