problems with norton

wesw

anyone has problems with norton trying to update and it says

norton.jpg

sorry hard to get a good pic.

i dont know why it does it and how to fix it.

i let it do what it wants but nothing ever happens. click on it and does shit

Wes....time to dump Norton...

I've used it for years, I got a trojan that it detected, but simply could not get rid of it.

Get NOD32 from Eset. You can get a free, 30 day fully functional trial. I promise you'll be happier.

Then, when it's time to purchase....go to newegg.com and get the OEM version. 25 bucks, good for a year, free shipping....

I made the jump about 3 months ago....couldn't be happier.

To solve your problem. Uninstall it. Use Norton's removal tool found here, then reinstall it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039

• 1 month later...

i would also highly suggest removing norton. if it lets you. symantec likes to keep residuals around after an uninstall...

i've been using Bit Defender Internet Security (about $30), for a long time now. No viruses but more importantly no intrusions. it logs them and blocks them. some of the extras i don't enable but it's rugged. and not such a resource hog like norton tends to be.

i deleted it and am using the program david suggested so far its works great and yeah norton was really fucking up my computer with errors and others crashes.

thanks.

Counterspy is awesome. Windows Defender is about 90 to 95% as good for free.

I've had three computers recently, including my own...that Norton detected a Trojan over and over again.

Could not remove or quarentine it successfully.

I uninstalled Norton, installed NO32 on all of them (FULL 30 day functioning trial)...whaddya know, removed without issue.

Several scans and backup online scans (Trend Micro and Panda Scan) said the same thing, no infections.

Good enough for me....

Counterspy is awesome. Windows Defender is about 90 to 95% as good for free.

I've had three computers recently, including my own...that Norton detected a Trojan over and over again.

Could not remove or quarentine it successfully.

I uninstalled Norton, installed NO32 on all of them (FULL 30 day functioning trial)...whaddya know, removed without issue.

Several scans and backup online scans (Trend Micro and Panda Scan) said the same thing, no infections.

Good enough for me....

I never had any luck with Windows Defender, but Comodo BOClean is a freebie that works great at keeping trojans at bay.Download for BOClean

It runs in the background, and if it detects anything, you will get a pop-up asking what you want to do with the trojan, worm, or whatever the bad crap is.

Yep...and AVG. Antivirus is worth paying for... I've seen AVG and Avast fail where Kaspersky, NOD32 and BitDefender pick stuff up....

i guess i have been lucky, i havent had any problems with avg or avast. its caught alot of junk being downloaded with torrents

• 2 months later...