single cylender running

overhauler

ok my friend just bought an 01 banshee dg pipes boyosen reeds and toras removed, when he first firees it up for about a second both cylenders run then the left side quites... when he puts it in gear and drives the right one quites and the left one powers... but... when he gets to like 3rd gear it runs like perfect and ripps.... would anyone know what the problum there is? cuz first and second gear are what we use in trails here and he cant use them.... thanks guys

I own the quad hes talking about i took the carbs apart to check the jetting running 290 mains 27.5 pilot dont appear to be clogged. Is this proper jetting for the whats done to the motor riding at about sea level to like 1500+ in about 10-15 degree celsius. Reeds are not cracked havent checked the clip yet i will tomorow. Did a compression test on the motor too both have about 150psi which i belive is pretty good. Any help would be apreciated

TORS is removed and the carbs are synced. I have the carbs apart right now but tomorow im gunna put it all back together and see if it made any difference if it is the same id like to see if swaping the reeds to the other side will make a difference are both reeds the same can i just swap them over they look the same to me.