Tire stagger

flattrackin92

Has anyone played with rear tire stagger and if so how much stagger did you run? was the quad difficult to keep straight and how did it react in the corners?

The last race i was in I had 1" of stagger...It did like to go left... It was hard to know how difficult it was to keep straight, as I was on a 1\8 mile oval. The only thing I did not like was under hard rear break it made you go right. Not bad but noticeable. IMO

I tried running stagger at a few different tracks and never really found any advantage in doing it. One thing I alway did was if the track turned dry slick I would keep the axle nut on my left rear tire lose enough (keep a pin in it) to take off by hand and I would turn the tire around to where it was off set in for traction.

Are you talking about tire size or axle with on each side? I will frequently run a 59 on the inside and a 61 on the outside or a 61 and 63. I felt like it was so much faster comming into the turns and comming out it was worth the slight pull to the left down the straight.

For the axle any oval i run i tuck the left rear tire in twards the swingarm.