wrapping the exaust

smokin 2 stroke

I have rapped my manifold and down pipe to keep the under hood temps down. it does make your pipes look like shit because it melts to the pipes. wouldn't do it on a everyday car that sees water or wanything like that because of holding water. never heard of it voiding warnety but maybe it has. but still don't see a reason of doing it on a quad it is all open and gets a lot of air when riden. but i been seeing a lot of street bikes with turboson them and they have there pipes rapped. i wouldn't do it on a quad but a car/truck i would. hope this helps you out any.

some one jump in here if i'm totally off the wall on this one but wrapping the pipe may also change the characteristics of the pipe itself.the wrap acts as an insulator retaining more heat. with the hotter inside temp of the pipe, the exhaust pulse would tend to travel at a greater speed to the pipe cone and back to the cylinder, throwing off the intake cycle ,maybe? not sure what effect this would have but a hotter air/fuel mixtue would probably not be beneficial. i'm guessing that the pipe wrap would hold in way to much heat and would probably burn you down.

I heard the recharge from your expansion chambers will come into your engine with a higher temp due to the wraps and cause higher internal temps and and cause part wear in your engine faster which sounds imaginable happening. The Turbo may work with wraps because of running off alchohol and not gas. If you are wrapping just for looks I don't think I'd do it(imo).

I heard the recharge from your expansion chambers will come into your engine with a higher temp due to the wraps and cause higher internal temps and and cause part wear in your engine faster which sounds imaginable happening. The Turbo may work with wraps because of running off alchohol and not gas. If you are wrapping just for looks I don't think I'd do it(imo).

WELL NOW I DONT KNOW IF I WILL DO IT AFTER TALKING TO YALL, I WOULD HATE TO SEE A BRAND NEW TOP END TAKE A SHIT :down: ANY ONE KNOW OF A CHEAP PC IN OK?

Edited by DEADONE

I got to say something here> Leave this for the pros who ever they are. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. I seen this at the drags back in the 60's & they weren't 2 strokes. The pic's that Ive posted motor was built by famous engine builder that I will not mention. We all no him very well. Also not sure if he had anything to do with wrapping the pipes. So please delete this out of your mind. It's just something different to talk about than a boost bottle ...period...