extended swingarm ?

cvbadass

I am look ing to get an extended swingarm, what are the benefits? and how much should i extend? I do trail riding, and of course race all of the 450's that want to see if they can beat a banshee! I am kind of a puss and don't take off very well for fear of over doing it and flippin over, but i always catch and pass them if given enough distance. Will the swinger help with the banshee pulling up, or am I just being a puss?

not to steal your thread here..... but why would extending the swing arm decrease traction?

I have read this all over the place that shorter increases traction and longer does the oposite. I understand the benefit of a longer swinger but why does it decrease traction?

I am look ing to get an extended swingarm, what are the benefits? and how much should i extend? I do trail riding, and of course race all of the 450's that want to see if they can beat a banshee! I am kind of a puss and don't take off very well for fear of over doing it and flippin over, but i always catch and pass them if given enough distance. Will the swinger help with the banshee pulling up, or am I just being a puss?

Whats up Buddy, I do mostly trails also, I went with a +2 aswell and I love it, The traction that you are going to lose with a +2 is going to be very minimal, wont even notice..The +2 def helps out keepin the front wheels down from the start and also on some hills for sure..

You can also change te front sprocket to a 15 aswell witch would also help out...

o0o yea and stop being a puss and CRANK THAT BITCH.... :biggrin:

Whats up Buddy, I do mostly trails also, I went with a +2 aswell and I love it, The traction that you are going to lose with a +2 is going to be very minimal, wont even notice..The +2 def helps out keepin the front wheels down from the start and also on some hills for sure..

You can also change te front sprocket to a 15 aswell witch would also help out...

o0o yea and stop being a puss and CRANK THAT BITCH.... :biggrin:

thanks, i was thinking of going with either a 13 for more low end, or 15 for less spin, how much will this affect my top end/low end. those 450's have alot of low end, but i can catch them on high end! :thumbsup:

thanks, i was thinking of going with either a 13 for more low end, or 15 for less spin, how much will this affect my top end/low end. those 450's have alot of low end, but i can catch them on high end! :thumbsup:

I run 15-41 gearing and ride alot of trails, It really wont hurt your bottem end and it will be fast on the top. I usta run 13-43 and that sucks banshee tops out about 65-70mph and its a wheele monster. i wood go to a 15-41 gearing and have some fun.

Chevshee

i have only ever been able to go over once on my shee... with a stock length swinger. its all aboutgetting afeel for yr clutch. this is what i may suggest. save a couple bucks, and buy a 2 finger, ez pull clutch lever.

learn to take off while grabbing up the motors revs with the clutch! you will have a better skill and better appreciation for the machine!

after learning how to holeshot you may even opt for a SHORTER swingarm, youll get more traction in the trails, and still be able to whoop them 4-fittys

You're not the only one that fear of getting body slammed has been an issue.That's one of the reasons I extended my drag banshee I had so much.If it concerns you that much,go with the +2.

I think there are some +2 aluminum extenders on ebay that bolt up to your stock swingarm.

Look up "banshee swingarm".They are alot cheaper than a new swingarm.Before I built the banshee I had into a drag quad,I was using one and had good results.

I don't think you'll lose much rideability or traction with just a +2.

Edited by race-a-holic

You're not the only one that fear of getting body slammed has been an issue.That's one of the reasons I extended my drag banshee I had so much.If it concerns you that much,go with the +2.

I think there are some +2 aluminum extenders on ebay that bolt up to your stock swingarm.

Look up "banshee swingarm".They are alot cheaper than a new swingarm.Before I built the banshee I had into a drag quad,I was using one and had good results.

I don't think you'll lose much rideability or traction with just a +2.

thanks i will look for the extenders :thumbsup:

whats the difference between cascade innovation's swingarms and american star racing swingarms? American star racing ( http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/Swingarms.html ) sells for $660 with the swingarm and carrier and cascade innvoations ( http://webforce.nwrain.net/founder/cascade...TORE_DEPT_ID=43 ) sells for $775 and its all chromed out and comes with a polished twin row carrier, chrome pinch bolts, pivot bolt bearings, and a polished brake caliper mount. its a lot of money but it seems to offer more. Im going to get an agressive dune port and if i have the money by summer, a 4 mil stroker as well. i dont know if i want to leave my swingarm stock cuz of bad things that could happen but it mite be fun to always be up off the ground... would you reccomned going +2 or +4?

whats the difference between cascade innovation's swingarms and american star racing swingarms? American star racing ( http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/Swingarms.html ) sells for $660 with the swingarm and carrier and cascade innvoations ( http://webforce.nwrain.net/founder/cascade...TORE_DEPT_ID=43 ) sells for $775 and its all chromed out and comes with a polished twin row carrier, chrome pinch bolts, pivot bolt bearings, and a polished brake caliper mount. its a lot of money but it seems to offer more. Im going to get an agressive dune port and if i have the money by summer, a 4 mil stroker as well. i dont know if i want to leave my swingarm stock cuz of bad things that could happen but it mite be fun to always be up off the ground... would you reccomned going +2 or +4?

check with cfm on here, I just bought a +2 swinger from him for not even half that. I went with the plus two because i think that it will help with the front wheels coming up, but still be short enough to pop some wheelies when i want, and still be able to make it through the tighter trails and not lose too much traction.