Gaskets..?

wacko2000

I have v-force reeds, I got new gaskets from cascade for them, Im wondering if there is supposed to be a gasket on both sides of the reeds?

I do have one on both sides, but they are different, the one between the reed and carb boot has a smaller opening..

Also do they still sell replacement reeds for the 2's?

Edited by wacko2000

to fit stock boots on a v-force, you have to surface the nubs off them. At that point the bottom of the boot will be machined, exposed metal. Put a gasket on both sides of the reed cages.

Thanks man thats what I wanted to hear..I have my v-force reeds on my shee for 2 years, and I have always had gaskets on both sides, I was workin on the shee tonight replacing gaskets and what not and just wanted to make sure that everyone runs gaskets on both sides of the reeds when they are rocking aftermarket reeds and cages....

Thanks Snop..

i have no idea what you are talking about but there the oring im talking about. not on the reend cage its on the intake boot that mounts to the cage and cylinder.

what are you talking about cutting? what reeds are you running?

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

You must still be running your stock cages, with aftermarket reeds, bc when you run after market reeds and cages that rubber seal in the pic that you are showing me on the intake boot, that has to get cut off, cut smooth against the intake boot..If you dont cut that off your stock inatke boots would not work with aftermarket reeds...

You must still be running your stock cages, with aftermarket reeds, bc when you run after market reeds and cages that rubber seal in the pic that you are showing me on the intake boot, that has to get cut off, cut smooth against the intake boot..If you dont cut that off your stock inatke boots would not work with aftermarket reeds...

I think he meant he cut the stuffers off the manifolds but left the "O-ring" seal on the outside edge. I did the same when I did a set of VF3's.