no low end

dunerunner53

So I got the 'shee out for the first time of the year. I cleaned the carbs all through. Also cleaned and checked the reeds. New gas and oil. It seems to be running very rich at the bottom end. I messed with the air screws a bit which gave no help. Then drank a bunch of beer which didn't help either. When I get it to idle, pulling the choke out kills it instantly. Actually the choke will kill it up to about 1/4 throttle. I have ran with the same pilot jets for ever which are stock. Size 25 I think. Could these be the problem all of a sudden??? I have also switched carbs with another banshee with the same jet size and got the same result. I have a tors elim. kit on, running FMF Fattys, and K&N filter in the air box w/no lid. Needle is two up from the bottom. 'shee is pissing me off! :banghead: Any help or ideas would be appreciated...

So I got the 'shee out for the first time of the year. I cleaned the carbs all through. Also cleaned and checked the reeds. New gas and oil. It seems to be running very rich at the bottom end. I messed with the air screws a bit which gave no help. Then drank a bunch of beer which didn't help either. When I get it to idle, pulling the choke out kills it instantly. Actually the choke will kill it up to about 1/4 throttle. I have ran with the same pilot jets for ever which are stock. Size 25 I think. Could these be the problem all of a sudden??? I have also switched carbs with another banshee with the same jet size and got the same result. I have a tors elim. kit on, running FMF Fattys, and K&N filter in the air box w/no lid. Needle is two up from the bottom. 'shee is pissing me off! :banghead: Any help or ideas would be appreciated...

Weak spark??? Messed up raitio on premix??? Carb sync??? By the way, welcome to HQ :thumbsup:

Edited by slobanshee06

if its rich on the bottom end then you need smaller pilot jets.

chevshee

• 3 weeks later...