Complete top and bottom end rebuild

the fly wheel and the little black box with the magnet

loosen up the 2 screw that hold the black box on, let it touch the flywheel( the little nubs things on the FW)

they get a match box and put it inbetween the FW and the black box then tighten the 2 screws that hold the black box on..

hope u get that if not pm me ill give u my number and ill explain it better...

the fly wheel and the little black box with the magnet

loosen up the 2 screw that hold the black box on, let it touch the flywheel( the little nubs things on the FW)

they get a match box and put it inbetween the FW and the black box then tighten the 2 screws that hold the black box on..

hope u get that if not pm me ill give u my number and ill explain it better...

see if you have spark. If you have spark, and your plugs are damp with fuel, do a compression test and make sure you dont have a leak. Did you check your squish with that new crank n pistons btw? Did you check your floats and all in the carbs? New oil seals all around? You might have to rejet a tad, but it should still fire.

Well, It does have spark. I kicked it over when it was getting dark and then saw blue light. Then I took the plugs out and they had fuel on em. WTF is going on? and yes, choke tube is on I even tried dragging it behind a truck to get ihe motor to spinn faster. Not once did it hit. I'm about to cry... :sad:

see if you have spark. If you have spark, and your plugs are damp with fuel, do a compression test and make sure you dont have a leak. Did you check your squish with that new crank n pistons btw? Did you check your floats and all in the carbs? New oil seals all around? You might have to rejet a tad, but it should still fire.

did not test the squish. I'll go do a compression test right now. be back in 5 min. Also, floats are good and just put a 320 main in each carb.

Ok. My tester says 105 in each cylinder. I'm not sure about this tester because it showed my shee to have 98/95 and it still ran like a raped ape and would start on the 1 or 2nd kick. But idk. What is the average compression for a new top end that has never even been started?

mine was 157 with a +4 and 21cc domes @ sea level. I think it may have been a tad higher, because the thread adaptor for my tester holds about another 1-1.5 cc`s. 1cc is about 12psi diffrence.

I kicked 180 psi in both cylinders on mine before I ever started the motor after my rebuild and I'm at 180 ft elevation with 21cc domes... Seems way too high but maybe after everything seats and I break the motor in that will go down to where it should be. As far as not getting it to start, I had the same problem and did the TORS removal like you, was kicking and kicking it until my foot almost fell off accompanied by some very colorful language... turned out to be that I had left that stupid TORS module plugged in that is underneath the gas tank on the left side of the frame. Unplug it and rip it off there. As soon as I disconnected that, the bike started in 2 kicks.

Edited by tgbanshee

It was that damn piece of shit tors box. I was not paying attention and plugged it back in when I was puting everything together. I cut the plug off that fucker so this never happens again. Thanks for reminding me of that shit box tgbanshee. I feel so stupid now. But I got 2 heat cycles in and a 10 min run in today. constantly shifting through the gears and getting on and off the throttle at low RPM's. Thanks again guys

It was that damn piece of shit tors box. I was not paying attention and plugged it back in when I was puting everything together. I cut the plug off that fucker so this never happens again. Thanks for reminding me of that shit box tgbanshee. I feel so stupid now. But I got 2 heat cycles in and a 10 min run in today. constantly shifting through the gears and getting on and off the throttle at low RPM's. Thanks again guys

Glad I could help. Good luck with your fresh rebuild. :thumbsup: