2 into 1 carb

civicfrk1

So what size jets did you run in it? What needle?

You have to be the first person I have ever heard say "It sucked to jet a 2 into 1 carb". My 21 year old girl cousin who has a banshee can jet her 2 into 1 carb. Thats how easy it is.

About 90% of the 2 into 1 setups I come across, have the wrong needle in them. In turn they run like shit. Convince yours didn't have the wrong size needle or main jet in it! Top end loss in my experience is minimal and almost un-noticable, we use pipes that sign off at 8200-9000 rpm too. I ride holes, climb dunes, and even drag race with my 2 into 1 carb. Not only that, I ride with about 6 other people that run that intake setup, and they love it. We even have a guy with a 7mm 460cc cheetah motor that puts out 92 hp on a 2 into 1 setup with a 38mm lectron on it. So plead your case and prove me wrong.

You have to be the first person I have ever heard say "It sucked to jet a 2 into 1 carb". My 21 year old girl cousin who has a banshee can jet her 2 into 1 carb. Thats how easy it is.

About 90% of the 2 into 1 setups I come across, have the wrong needle in them. In turn they run like shit. Convince yours didn't have the wrong size needle or main jet in it! Top end loss in my experience is minimal and almost un-noticable, we use pipes that sign off at 8200-9000 rpm too. I ride holes, climb dunes, and even drag race with my 2 into 1 carb. Not only that, I ride with about 6 other people that run that intake setup, and they love it. We even have a guy with a 7mm 460cc cheetah motor that puts out 92 hp on a 2 into 1 setup with a 38mm lectron on it. So plead your case and prove me wrong.

Well man maybe I'm just a shitty jettier, but i could never get mine to run right. I got these Keihin carbs now and had no problem jetting them so I don't know.

Edited by chevrolet banshee

ok, well you have 2 keihin pwk's now. The 2 into 1 only had 1 keihin pwk. So why do you think jetting 2 is easier than jetting 1?

I picked up my bike . i told him i was going to hold off on it for now.

when he sync'd the carbs , he did it with the idle screws and theyre all the way in I THINK.

i start it up and it starts revving up on its own.

could i go adjusting the idle little by little turning each idle knob the same amount each time and have it NOT rev as high?

could there be something ELSE making it idle this high? its revving at like if it were a bit more than 1/4 throttle close to 1/2

he is right, the wrong needle and it runs like shit, i had the same experience and snop helped me jet it, and WOW!! there is no way stock carbs can outperform the 2 into 1 in any way. dude i would almost bet money u had an odball needle in that carb, the single carb is almost twice as sensitive to changes in jetting it seems, but once you have the right needle, along with the right size jets, it definately outshines the stock carb setup hands down.