coolent confusion

so i went out riding, just b4 at home i filled the radiator full, and the resovar was mid lv. went out riding, stoped to cheak the reso and it was completly full, rode some more and then bam it was completly empty. also when i stop i hear alot of boiling from the engine but i can litrally put my glove on the engine for 3 secs and its not hot at all. what the hell is up with it?

so i went out riding, just b4 at home i filled the radiator full, and the resovar was mid lv. went out riding, stoped to cheak the reso and it was completly full, rode some more and then bam it was completly empty. also when i stop i hear alot of boiling from the engine but i can litrally put my glove on the engine for 3 secs and its not hot at all. what the hell is up with it?

i dnt think ur coolant is verry effective,(not gd quality) and wats tha mix like, 50/50(half water and half collant) or u just put in coolant without water.

sa3ood :evil:

im on pure coolent

That's part of your problem. Don't do pure coolant, water is typically cooler than coolant unless you are using something like engine ice and even then I think water is still better. The main purpose (correct me if I'm wrong) for coolant is for lubrication, protection, and to keep water from freezing.

Also check to make sure you don't have any blockage anywhere like inside the radiator etc.

What other mods do you have ie. cool head, inline cooler, etc.?

the rezzy should have like next to nothing in it just fill the rad itself if you have to much coolent it cant move around and will boil then blow a rad hose off. drain the coolant check your impeller to see that its still there and npt cracked or melted then pure new coolant in just the rad fire it up leave the cap off so you dont get and air lock and make sure all the bubbles come out then top itout and put the cap on and go rideing. oh yeah byt the way one time i hade a brain for and filled the rez up and i didnt get 5 mins from home and it started to overheat then blew the rad hose off the top of the rad on the right hand saide splashing extremaly hot coolant all over my leg lol

Edited by yamaha04

That's part of your problem. Don't do pure coolant, water is typically cooler than coolant unless you are using something like engine ice and even then I think water is still better. The main purpose (correct me if I'm wrong) for coolant is for lubrication, protection, and to keep water from freezing.

Also check to make sure you don't have any blockage anywhere like inside the radiator etc.

What other mods do you have ie. cool head, inline cooler, etc.?

sorry i made a mistake it is 50/50 prediluted, and my shee is bone stock except for itps at the back and spacers at the back

Edited by felcon edition banshee

no dnt run pure coolant,unless its a ready premix(already mixed with water).buy distilled water and mix ur coolant with it,they both have to be mixed tha same amount,i mix my coolant 50/50,i use 500ml distilled watter,and 500 ml coolant,well u dnt have to mix it 500 ml for both,just and example that mix both at tha same amount,since ur very near my country so ull be good with that,we have almost tha same temperatures

tip: if u dnt have distilled watter then u can use pure bottled water instead(thats what i do when there no distilled water) :thumbsup:

sa3ood :evil:

sounds like something is blocked or your coolant is junk. i run engine ice only no water and no problem at all even says not to add water. coolant is suppose to work better then water to disapat it but it is mostly like he said above so it don't freeze and lubing a little. you could run straight water if u wanted in the summer. do a good cleaning and put new stuff in.

sounds like something is blocked or your coolant is junk. i run engine ice only no water and no problem at all even says not to add water. coolant is suppose to work better then water to disapat it but it is mostly like he said above so it don't freeze and lubing a little. you could run straight water if u wanted in the summer. do a good cleaning and put new stuff in.

coolant also hightense the boiling point