Idle messed up

dz06shee

Hey,

Just picked up my 06 shee the other day...runs great when its warm but got a few issues

Firstly, its quite hard to start when cold, ive tryed full choke half choke throttle no choke etc...but still quite hard, a mate of mine starts within the first couple kicks

Idle was quite low aswell so i thought it could be this...adjusted that but it moved all over the place be4 i could try start it again cold

Now are there any ways to see without using a tachometer to see if the idles are synced?

Ive changed the plugs too

The needle jet position is in standard position aswell as the main jet (owner said they havnt moved it)

Kick feels like there is compression too

Thanks.

Hey,

Just picked up my 06 shee the other day...runs great when its warm but got a few issues

Firstly, its quite hard to start when cold, ive tryed full choke half choke throttle no choke etc...but still quite hard, a mate of mine starts within the first couple kicks

Idle was quite low aswell so i thought it could be this...adjusted that but it moved all over the place be4 i could try start it again cold

Now are there any ways to see without using a tachometer to see if the idles are synced?

Ive changed the plugs too

The needle jet position is in standard position aswell as the main jet (owner said they havnt moved it)

Kick feels like there is compression too

Thanks.

Are you sure the carb bowls has not been swap? Is the right carb bowl on the right carb? They look the same, but there is one with a fuel passage wich the other one does not have and that one with the passage should be on the carb that has the choke lever, otherwise the choke won't work. Have you try to choke the airbox intake with your hand or a cloth to see if it starts easier?

Are you sure the carb bowls has not been swap? Is the right carb bowl on the right carb? They look the same, but there is one with a fuel passage wich the other one does not have and that one with the passage should be on the carb that has the choke lever, otherwise the choke won't work. Have you try to choke the airbox intake with your hand or a cloth to see if it starts easier?

Previous owner said he left everything standard so im not to sure

For some reason now the left carb isn't getting any fuel....theres plenty of spark but the plugs not wet and the exhaust isn't crackling like the right one is

Previous owner said he left everything standard so im not to sure

For some reason now the left carb isn't getting any fuel....theres plenty of spark but the plugs not wet and the exhaust isn't crackling like the right one is

Sound like there is something not right on your carbs, open them and clean them, check your float levels, check your jetting. Maybe the previous owner jetted it and swapped the float bowls.

TORS are the throttle limiters on top of the stock carbs. It is where the idle adjustment is and there are electrical wires hooked up to them.

If you set your idle to high it can be hard to start becuse it floods the cylinders on the first couple of kicks. If you just got the quad you should clean the carbs out and check that the bowls are on the correct sides. While you got the carbs apart write down the jet sizes that are installed.

Just an update...

The carbs are clean and cleared the jets..also put the air screw back to standard position...still need to set the idle but unsure how you can tell when the screw hits the slide? wanting to do 2.0 full turns in jus when it hits the slide...as it seems most people are running off that

But noticed the carbs are very much out of sync...where abouts does the dimple/marking need to be @ ful throttle?

Well both cylinders seem to be firing..

But encountered another problem...seems its running lean and getting no fuel, backfires really now and when i try to add some throttle it wont rev up

Fuel lines have been check, carbs cleaned jets cleaned fuel cock is on and the slides are moving up and down.

So im lost on this one :(