should i balance my lockup?

streetshee

"Streetshee always asks something, but already knows what answer he wants, and says he will do what ever he asked reguardless of the answers he gets. "

And how the hell does that concern you ? Grow up bud. Dont sweat the little things in life. Maybe Streetshee knew in his heart that he wanted to balance the fingers, but wanted to get a few opinions before he went ahead and did the work. I can find 2000 posts where guys ask a question looking for affirmation from other Banshee guys.

"Next time he should save his energy"

Maybe this Dave I dude should save his energy and quit fucking with someones thread ??

With this freakin bad attitude towards other members, there will be people who will be afraid to ask questions here, there were be people who will just leave here and ask thier questions on another forum.

Quit cryin and bitchin and moanin about "knowin the answer to his own question" and be nice.

It concerns me about like this whole topic concerns you.... Look in the mirror bro, you are telling us what we should and shouldnt say, maybe you should just back out of this one like we should have earlier. You are doing the same thing, we didnt agree with him so we told him, NOW you dont agree with us and are trying to express that point. Whats the difference in what we did and what you are doing?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: :thanks: :thumbsup:

Suddenly I feel a bit better reading all this. :shrug:

I saw an avatar once that reminded me of some topics on the HQ.... It was of a guy pounding ont he keys until he has bloody stumps then smashed his head on the keys until eye balls were popping out. :yelrotflmao:

ok,id would like to say sorry to all concerned with who i may of said harsh words,so,sorry ok.

yes i had allready decided to balance my lockup,i dont see any problem with asking for advice at all.maybe just maybe theres someone out there that could of said,"yes i had a clutch from direct drive (or other manufacturers) that was causing vibration so they balanced it and it was a lot better",or that they were ballanced from factory or that i had recieved one that had slipped through quality control" bla bla bla...

now as i see it lots of you have engineering degrees ect,but nobody has tried to ballance there clutch have they? do any of you ride on the streets with a lockup? i dont think so,so would you experiance long mile after mile of full throttle on a smooth surface? i think also not,so how do u know it is a waist of time? im not looking for performance difference or anything like that,my philosophy is "prevention is better than cure" and "think about it twice,do it once. if your answer is something like no its not worth it then say that,it shouldnt turn into a bitch fight.ok?no hard feelings.lataz....................... :happy:

cos shee slips like sex lube! tried 2 different new clutches with heavy springs but when shee hits middle the power band i gotta throttle off till she grips,tried lots of different oils,never had a problem till stan ported her,so i bought a lockup,plus its the "bling" factor innit. :cool:

quote name='theshee' , its a damn banshee, got more rattles and looser tolerences then that all over.

you lie like cheep chineese watch! not strictly true is it. yours might be like it,lol lol :geek:

R youre gears straight cut? That will cause a bearing failure faster than anything. The helicule gears pull sideway on the bearing against the case. I dont feel any vibrations from my lockup, pinned.

R youre gears straight cut? That will cause a bearing failure faster than anything. The helicule gears pull sideway on the bearing against the case. I dont feel any vibrations from my lockup, pinned.

I think you may have typed that wrong....straight cut gears will lengthen bearing life because of less pulling/side load...is that what you meant?

Big motors run straight cuts due to bearing failures on the stock helical cut gears...

He rides pavement, so that can wear a clutch a little sooner....but I don't think he has enough power to make it slip that bad either.

Somethings worn or out of adjustment is my opinion....

My clutch didn't slip at all in my 4 mil cub putting out 90 plus ponies on gas, never used a lockup...and I beat the bejesus out of it.

:laugh: :thanks: :thumbsup:

Suddenly I feel a bit better reading all this. :shrug:

I saw an avatar once that reminded me of some topics on the HQ.... It was of a guy pounding ont he keys until he has bloody stumps then smashed his head on the keys until eye balls were popping out. :yelrotflmao:

BigRed350X had that as an avatar for awhile on here. :biggrin:

I think you may have typed that wrong....straight cut gears will lengthen bearing life because of less pulling/side load...is that what you meant?

Big motors run straight cuts due to bearing failures on the stock helical cut gears...

This is true.

A helical gear is better design for the application, but once you triple the torque outsput of the engine, even aftermarket, high load bearing don't last as they should. If you made a set of cases to use a bigger bearing as some of have done, then you can go back to stock'ish gears (I say 'ish as the last big bearing engine I did required a different gear ratio on the primary, so I had to make a set of gears anyway. Of course, then I moved the location that I was taking the power off of the crankshaft entirely (center). :shoothead: :geek: )

street shee, replace your inner and outer clutch hubs. When mine wore, i would still melt a clutch on my 421 cub, even with a lockup.

that could very well be a possability,thanks.

yes i got a magura but theres enough play (2-4mm) on the slave cyl.i used to think it was the magura but ruled that out.

• 3 weeks later...

theres no such thing a simple fucking yes or no anymore is there?

meat is right in what he said about all the bitchin`, it use to be all friendly here but i guess at the same time different people have different experiences with the same problems, weather they have the part or not.

meat has been here a loooooooong time though. that guy knows.

andy. its your choice... if you think itll help by all means do it. i agree that its the kind of thing for a rainy day though haha.