High idles

Okay so now my banshee runs when you keep on the gas but it doesnt idle at all no matter how much you turn up the idle screws. Plus sometimes when you come to a stop and pull in the clutch, the engine keeps revving and doesnt wind down as fast as it should?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dont read sig, current mods are pipes, jetting 280, 25, and 2 turns out. Cleaned the carbs till they were spotless also!

Have you checked for an air leak?

Yeah i sprayed carb cleaner to see if the engine would die, but it never happend to die at all so im just assuming its way to lean. It runs good on the choke one click out, and good when you get on the throttle but wont idle for shit!!!@#$ HELP!!

Definately sounds lean on the low end. When you cleaned the carbss, did you take the pilots out, blow some compressed air through them? If so, turn your airscrews in to 1/2 turn just to see if that solves your problem. If it does, I would go w/ the 27.5's and 1 to 2 turns out. You don't want to mess w/your idle adjustment until you get the pilot ckt straight. If none of this helps, better find out if you have an air leak as mentioned. The fact that it runs better w/the choke half out is a tell tale sign that it is lean.

Yeah thats what i figured it was when it ran better with the choke, ill mess with it tomorrow maybe. Hopefully it solves my prob, and oh yeah i cleaned them carbs spotless and inspected every orfice for a spec of dirt. So it must be my pilots!

hey dude. i had a problem that when i pushed in my throttle open my sliders would stick in the carbs.. i polished them up ( to a mirror like finish ) and i havent had the trouble since.

it was fine in 20 plus degree weather but it started happening when it got colder.

try that.. could be something simple.

Ill do that too, the black paint or whatever on the slides is wearing off and looks like it could pose a problem also. But i always lube up the slides with WD40 before they go back together!

• 1 month later...