powder coating question

kodie

has anyone gotten their pipes powder coated before somone told me that i would need to get ceramic on them but im pretty sure ive heard somone else talk about or say something about their pipes being powder coated im wanting to get mine powdered all the way to the back tip to tip.

Yeah, normally you would have to use the high temp powder, I've done car headers with it. I'm looking into finding out how hot the pipes get at different locations along the pipes, ie. at the exhaust ports compared to the expansion chambers etc. right now to find out if I think a normal powder will hold up and how well.

I was told that powder coating banshee pipes will mess up the echo of them and how they work. Not sure if its true, but thats what I was told when i was gonna do it.

I was told that powder coating banshee pipes will mess up the echo of them and how they work. Not sure if its true, but thats what I was told when i was gonna do it.

humm i dont see how that could be true , but im not pyshics major or an engineer...

thats like saying f you painted a water hose that the water wouldnt flow right, its just sound waves and pressure. the only thing i could see it effecting is the heat.

Edited by Bansh-eman

humm i dont see how that could be true , but im not pyshics major or an engineer...

thats like saying f you painted a water hose that the water wouldnt flow right, its just sound waves and pressure. the only thing i could see it effecting is the heat.

I will give you 1 guess who told me that... lol

sound and pressure waves could be effected by the density of the vessle, which changes due to the added powder coat. however I feel it is unlikly anyone would fel a difference.

with how thick powder is i dont think it would be enough to make any effect.

I will give you 1 guess who told me that... lol

lol its funny you mention king douche bag, i was JUST thinking bout him becasue i might have you send my spindle to tate if he has the color on hand to get done, being that mike once again didnt follow through like he said he would and return my spindle. thats what im waiting to see if not ill send you my address again.