Dyna IGn. & Kill Switch? Help!

Well last week I installed my tethered kill switch, and This week my Dyna Ign. Mod came in . There is this bright Yellow warning label in box that states: Do NoT Use A Kill switch That is Grounded & uses coil for hot wire?? Now what? I used the Coil & chassis ground? Where is the next best place to wire up the kill swithch?? Any Help greatly appreciated....

I had mine wired straight to orange/black at the coil (with a Dyna adjustable CDI) until I heard that it might hurt the CDI, so changed it to use the black/white wire from the CDI instead; the same circuit the handlebar kill switch uses, worked fine.

I had mine wired straight to orange/black at the coil (with a Dyna adjustable CDI) until I heard that it might hurt the CDI, so changed it to use the black/white wire from the CDI instead; the same circuit the handlebar kill switch uses, worked fine.

Do you still use a chassis ground ? or ground to switch?

Thanks

Did you use chassis ground when you had it hooked up to the orange coil wire? If so then just splice the teather switch in to the black with white stripe wire that goes to the handle bar (thumb kill) switch. Then the other wire on the theather switch just goes to ground. All the stock thumb switch does is gound the black white strip wire to kill the engine. If you just splice the teather switch and still have the thumb switch hooked you can use both to shut your banshee down.

Do you still use a chassis ground ? or ground to switch?

Thanks

Either one, whichever is easier; splice into the black wire in the harness or use an eyelet terminal to ground to a nearby bolt on the frame (the harness was easier for me). If it's a Pro Design tether make sure you got the right wire for ground, if you get them reversed it will still work (all it does is close the circuit between wires) but the exposed metal part will have voltage and will bite ya. If you're not sure use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to find the wire that has continuity to that metal part and use that one for ground. Good luck.

Either one, whichever is easier; splice into the black wire in the harness or use an eyelet terminal to ground to a nearby bolt on the frame (the harness was easier for me). If it's a Pro Design tether make sure you got the right wire for ground, if you get them reversed it will still work (all it does is close the circuit between wires) but the exposed metal part will have voltage and will bite ya. If you're not sure use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to find the wire that has continuity to that metal part and use that one for ground. Good luck.

Got it!! Thanks guys..I love this place..& The Shee