all my jetting troubles final come to an end

04titanse

Well after almost two months of on and off work on the banshee and lots of trouble getting her running again i finally got it. I changed the pipes and silencers, timing plate, boyseen reeds, and a clamp on K&N with outerwears. All my trouble were associated with the timing plate. I had it set to +5 but for some reason that was advancing the timing way way too much and no matter what i did it was boggy and had like zero power. Now with all those parts and a stock timing plate the bike runs sooooo much stronger than stock. its unbelievable, i can wheelie 1,2,3 and fourth siting and only using throttle no clutch and the power band is harsh but really strong. everyone on here helped me out big time with getting this machine running right so thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The toomey t5's make real nice top end, hopefully now my banshee can keep up with my raptor 700r se. thanks again all!!!!

are you shure it wasn't at -5?? mine is at +5 with 19cc domes and absolutely rips.. i bet your gap on the pickup was off, i would try the timing plate one more time , make sure it is at +5 or +4. and check the gap on the pickup coil. if its not right it will run like shit.. i use a business card to set the gap.

are you shure it wasn't at -5?? mine is at +5 with 19cc domes and absolutely rips.. i bet your gap on the pickup was off, i would try the timing plate one more time , make sure it is at +5 or +4. and check the gap on the pickup coil. if its not right it will run like shit.. i use a business card to set the gap.

yeah i am going to put the timing plate back on and double check everything. i have a feeler gauge and i gapped when i put the stock plate back on. I am just happy it runs good now. I am going to get a cool head and play with the timing when i get some time. I am still really impressed with the power the toomey T5's make!!!! she really hauls ass.