Need help please?

I am getting ready to install a kill switch, and I was going to use the wiring from the ignition switch. Is all I need to do is to connect the hot wire to red & black in the switch ( Key) & the black to black ground?

or is there an easy , simplier way?

Thanks & Happy New Year Everyone

I hooked one wire from the kill to the positive coil wire and I hooked the other to chassis ground.

seems to work for me.

if you want to eliminate the key you have to tie the wires together after you cut the key out.

as far as the on of switch all you have to do is un plug it. you will lose the light controls though

Yea on the banshee's wiring harness where the ignition switch plugs in there is just 2 wires cut them and crimp them toghether with a butt conector.

Then remove the stock handle bar switch. (kill and head light) There will be 1 wring plug and 2 plugs that use bullit conectors (black wire with a white stripe, and plain black wire). Then you wire you kill switch in to the the 2 bullit conectors. That is what is where the stock thumb kill switch usese. When the black white stripe wire is grounded to the black ground it kills the banshee.

This is on the older banshee's that have a tail light instead of the 2001 and up that have the tail and brake light.