Riding Places

Nitmare67

Nitemare67..I'm south of you just out outside of fresno..There'a few places up HWY 41 (going to Yosemite). The places are just ut side a small town called Oakdale.. Oakhearst(I think..it's Oak...something) there are few places that I have heard of that are awesome in the mountains in with the tall trees...Also there is a place off Hwy 99 just norht of fresnop that you can see that is right next to the Hwy..Not sure how to get there but it looks kinda nice..

I really like the look of clear creek. I just want to go some place new but not drive 4 hours to get there haha. I appreciate all the ideas guys.

yeah it was strip mined. It is blm property and I think after January first it gonna cost $15 a truck and $10 per bike/quad. You can also buy a year pass for like $80 for one truck and 2 atvs. It is worth checking out. The place is huge compared to Hollister.

No store down there though and it is very hard to get cell phone reception.

The place outside of Fresno on the way to Yosemite is called Miami Creek. It's on 41 just past Oakhurst. I've also seen an ORV area up in the Modesto area on a road headed towards Yosemite from the northern side. If you're in Modesto, Hollister Hills isn't more then two hours from you.

The place outside of Fresno on the way to Yosemite is called Miami Creek. It's on 41 just past Oakhurst. I've also seen an ORV area up in the Modesto area on a road headed towards Yosemite from the northern side. If you're in Modesto, Hollister Hills isn't more then two hours from you.

Miami creek..that's the place..Heard it's not a bad place to ride..

Damn huge compared to hollister huh. I am going for sure now! I wonder how long it will take me to get there from Modesto. Have to check it out asap though.

Yup. The quad/dirtbike riding area at Hollister Hills is about 2,400 acres and the whole area of Clear Creek is about 76,000 acres.

Read here about the fees they are going to start charging to ride at Clear Creek:

http://www.blm.gov/content/etc/medialib/bl...heet_111407.pdf

• 1 month later...

I love that you guys call Hollister Nor Cal. I don't think it could be any more in the MIDDLE of the sate (vertically). That is like me saying anything below San Jose is Los Angles.

Is it that you don't want to say mid cal? Or is it that you think the 400 miles north of you is like your hat and doesn't count as part of the state? Ok I put my beer down to type this and now it is getting warm and where the hell did I put the chips SZZwnknmrbsrdyk,li.o;/'op[olikmn

There is a kick ass place about 30 min past jackson called PiPi valley. It is officially called the gold note trail system i believe. Anyway, there are a bunch of fire roads and small tight trails mostly for bikes, but we ride the quads on them. Lots of fun, and the camping is great. Its up in the forrest, so its pretty cool. anyway, here is the directions they have on thumpertalk. you might want to signup on thumpertalk, as they have a kick ass section called "where to ride" and its broken down by state. My buddy rides at PiPi all the time, and i have been there a few times with him. check it out

Directions:

* Highway 88 from Jackson - travel east 27 miles, turn left onto Omo Ranch Road, then 0.7 miles to the intersection with North-South Road (Primary Route 6). Proceed down this road 1.8 miles to the intersection with roads 8N59 and 10N83S (Route 33). This is the first access point to Route 33 (Gold Rush). Travel another 0.7 mile to Five Corners from which you can gain access to the north half of Route 33 and also to Route 35 (PiPi Grade) and other parts of the system

Oh yeah, i live in ripon, just north of you a few miles, and I can make it there in 90 minutes.

Edited by rubberneck