Front brake trouble

Bill

Im putting my banshee back together and the calipers wont go on.The bracket that bolts to the spindle gets hit by the bolts that connects the rotor to the hub.I bought these calipers of ebay,they are off A 2001 Raptor and are supposed to be the same as A banshees.Will they work or did I get A bum deal?

Im putting my banshee back together and the calipers wont go on.The bracket that bolts to the spindle gets hit by the bolts that connects the rotor to the hub.I bought these calipers of ebay,they are off A 2001 Raptor and are supposed to be the same as A banshees.Will they work or did I get A bum deal?

make sure the caliper moves back and forth from the mount self adjusting the pads as they wear. if that bolt with the rubber gromet around it is froze over it will hit that bolt

Do the brake caliper mounting bolts extend past the caliper stay (bracket)? The ends of those two bolts should be flush with the caliper bracket that they thread in to, if they aren't they will hit the rotor. I ran into the same thing using YFZ450 calipers on Banshee spindles, the YFZ450 bolts are longer for their aluminum spindle, just use Banshee bolts. Good luck.

i have that same problem with my banshee. i just ground the bolts down so they don't hit anymore. the only problem is, it will be hard to get the bolts out of the hub if i ever need to take the rotors off.

Yea I guess I could do that,what about using recessed srcews in the rotor?I could cone those holes out with out any problems couldnt I?

i hadn't thought of that idea. i don't see why it wouldn't work. let me know if you do that and how well it works out because i may just pull my bolts out and do that as well. if i can get enough of a bite in my bolts. (i know that sounds really bad)

Edited by nunyabinness