Got Elka REC's

LIM_Whiteboy4life

Well from the looks of it all elka Recreational dual rate shocks are the same length, you just adjust ride height(preload), correct?

About sending shocks in, is that just for rebuilds/repairs? Or you have to send them in to also get revalved, have piggybacks installed,

or upgraded? I think that will be a PITA if i had to do that everytime i want to add stuff on.

I got YFZ A-arms, yes im a cheap bastard lol but i like them, also i will plan to get adjustable uppers, and YFZ spindles to correct the

camber.

I know elka's are known for there soft cushy ride on stock a-arms or +2's for the shee, but with YFZ a-arms, im willing to experiment lol :geek:

Edited by LIM_Whiteboy4life

Do you know what weight and riding style they were valved for? You might be able to just get away with new main springs.

You can have Elka install PBs and adjustments for you but it wont be cheap and I see your on a budget there. I know I am.

i hope these 400ex elka shocks are 16-16.25" eye to eye because that would be perfect, i would get full suspension travel and i can raise the front end up higher than the rear = traction/wheelies :evil:
400EX shocks should measure 16.5" center eye to center eye. Let us know how it works out for you.

Shane

Yeah it does suck to have to send in your shocks everytime you want an adjustment. When I blew one of my elkas I decided to send both back for maintenance anyway and when doing that I just had them put the correct spring on for +2 a-arms cause I knew I would get them in the future. Actually just ordered a set of Quicksand Arms from Gary. Great guy to deal with, Top notch business all the way :thumbsup: Plus Elka gives you your original main springs back in case you want to go back to stock arms. I thought the ride would be rough but it's really not bad at all with stock arms. I also got them revalved cuz I found out that they never valved them correctly the first time. Anyway, I know that each main spring was $35 for the +2 setup. Hey on the bright side they have a 6 month warranty, So if you blow anything you can send em back and get them warrantied for free. Just make sure you send them in february/march so that you have the whole summer to beat them in case they blow. :beer:

Edited by floyd398