Drag Bike Tranny ?

Okay......so I have been through quite a few built banshees already. And my question is if anyone else has known of a bike wanting to jump into gear from nuetral when reving it up. My old 350 drag shee with a 2-5 override did it every once in a while, and my current 7mil cub, also with a 2-5 override does it too. When I am tuning and reving it up....I notice that I am better off having it in gear with the clutch pulled, then leaving it in nuetral and and chance it popping into gear. It seems to only happen at higher rpms, but it engages pretty hard when it does.

Anyone have seen or had this issue?

i'm not sure about a 2-4 but in a 1-5 there is a spring that is installed to keep it from jumping into gear.if theres a spring in a 2-4 like yours then i'd say the spring is'nt strong enough.also use care revving it with the clutch pulled unless you have a pancake bearing kit installed in the clutch setup. revving it with the clutch pulled can cause the clutch adjuster,ball and pushrod to weld itself together.

i'm not sure about a 2-4 but in a 1-5 there is a spring that is installed to keep it from jumping into gear.if theres a spring in a 2-4 like yours then i'd say the spring is'nt strong enough.also use care revving it with the clutch pulled unless you have a pancake bearing kit installed in the clutch setup. revving it with the clutch pulled can cause the clutch adjuster,ball and pushrod to weld itself together.

Oh yeah.....learned the hard way a while back. All of my bikes use the pancake needle bearing on the clutch rod now. Almost go stuck at olds hill one trip due to the clutch rod/ball welding together....it was the first time that it had happened and wasn't sure what the hell was going on. After that though......I purchase one for every engine.

Do you have a modded shift star and the shift pro kit, I've heard of it happening with both of those...

Is the shifter detent adjusted right?

I've got a N Down override, never had an issue like that...:)

All of my bikes have the shift star mod done, but am not familiar with the shift pro kit? I've had this happen on two bikes now, both with overrides? I guess I will have to tear into her again and do some looking around.