Cold weather jetting changes?

Twyztid

The current jetting on my 'shee seems to run very well at 50-85 degrees but I haven't ridden in weather any colder than that yet. I have 280 mains & stock pilots with the stock needle clip setting. My mods are really only FMF Fatty pipes, Powercore silencers, and K&N filter with airbox snorkel removed.

It is now around 35 degrees lately here in Michigan (about 700ft above sea level) and I am wondering if I should go up in jet size for the colder weather. If so, how many sizes should I go up?

I don't want anyone telling me that I should have had 300-320 mains already and that now I should go up to a 340 or something for the winter. I have been through that already and the 280 mains work fine for normal temps.

I guess I would just like to know how many sizes up I should go for that kind of temperature change (IF I should go up at all).

Kevin

I live in michigan but I wouldn't be of much help.. I dont usually ride my banshee in the winter. But my 450 I usually go up 2 sizes in the mians one size in the pilot and drop the clip 1 position. That usually works for me for 30-40 degree weatther

OK, I may try something like that. I have main jets in 290, 300, 310, 320 and I have 27.5 pilots.

Your response is the type of answer I was looking for. I am not looking for someone to tell me exactly what size jet to use but rather how much to change the jetting for a temperature change like I originally posted.

Hopefully someone with a Banshee can chime in here. I would like a couple more opinions before I decide what I am going to do.

NOTICE EVERYBODY: I am looking for OPINIONS so that I can make my OWN decision.

Thanks,

Kevin

if the 280's worked good before, try bumpin up to 300 for the cold

(sorry did i break the rules by gving the number of the main jet?)

if yuou dont want peoples opinions, dont ask for them...?

obvisouly you know you have to fatten up for the cold, and dont want anyones opinion on which size to run, so go try some untill you are happty

Edited by Michael Jackson

if the 280's worked good before, try bumpin up to 300 for the cold

(sorry did i break the rules by gving the number of the main jet?)

if yuou dont want peoples opinions, dont ask for them...?

obvisouly you know you have to fatten up for the cold, and dont want anyones opinion on which size to run, so go try some untill you are happty

You didn't read my post very closely. I AM looking for opinions but mainly for how many sizes up from the normal jetting I should go. Your post makes 2 that say go two sizes up for the cold weather.

Thanks,

Kevin

I would go with some 300's and see how it feels. I suggest sredish post because it tells you everything you need to know. You already have your baseline jetting so moving from there isn't hard. Unless its a massive temp change you won't go very far from your baseline jetting.

OK, thanks. I will give it a try. I think I am going to try the 27.5 pilots also.