carb question

was wondering who has the cheapest price for 28mm pwk's seeing that nobody has any used ones for sale?Also today i was reading this post about banshee big mouth venturi intake kits "venturi stacks" from mull enginering, are they worth the 130 dollars and if so won't they be alot for the carbs to support?

thanks.

On ebay every now and then CPW has 28mm carbs listed, they are a Keihin knock off, same casting and internals, just made by CPW, theyll be around 180 to 200 for a pair. The 28s dont really do a hell of a lot, I noticed a seat of the pants increase in power and that was it. They are also tough to get dialed in because nobody runs them, and everyone that does will tell you something different.

As far as the "venturi stacks" sounds like a gimmic to me if its the same product im thinking of, but I dont know for sure.

If you only want a small increase in carb size (probably to retain some bottom end), I would recommend that you save some money and have your stockers taper bored to 27.5's. It'll cost about $90. I don't think the flatslides performance warrant the price only going up 2mm. Lynn at L.C. Performance does a good job boring the stockers out his # is (801)423-1382 give him a call, he'll take good care of you.

If you only want a small increase in carb size (probably to retain some bottom end), I would recommend that you save some money and have your stockers taper bored to 27.5's. It'll cost about $90. I don't think the flatslides performance warrant the price only going up 2mm. Lynn at L.C. Performance does a good job boring the stockers out his # is (801)423-1382 give him a call, he'll take good care of you.

i don't have any carbs currently so i thought for my set up 28's would be a good choice?

If you don't have any carbs right now, then yeah, you can't go wrong. They will add some seat of the pants power, little quicker through the gears, not a heck of a lot though, also, they are a little easier to work on then the stockers and an overall better design. The choke is a little tough to get used to because each carb has its own knob, I have small hands so its easy for me.

From time to time you can find them used, I paid 175 for mine,or look for the CPW knockoffs on ebay for 200 brand new with jets and stuff.

If i was you i wood go with a set of Keihin 30-33mm pwk's.

You will get more out of those than 28mm.

I agree, you will probably want to go to 33's or so in the future anyways, Might as well get them now while youre in the market for some carbs.

was wondering who has the cheapest price for 28mm pwk's seeing that nobody has any used ones for sale?Also today i was reading this post about banshee big mouth venturi intake kits "venturi stacks" from mull enginering, are they worth the 130 dollars and if so won't they be alot for the carbs to support?

thanks.

On the venturi stacks. We build them and yes they do work. Venturi technology is not a gimmic of any sort. The only reason they are a little pricey is the polished Aluminum stacks that are not cheap to build but hold up well. We have plenty of motocross racers using they with no worries about support. They would not be like bolting on some 35mm carbs but will flow better than any other setup we have tested yet. Hope that helps answer your question.

Brandon

I agree, you will probably want to go to 33's or so in the future anyways, Might as well get them now while youre in the market for some carbs.

I think the 33's would be over carbed on a stock motor, I didn't like the lack of bottom end and for trail riding.. that sucks.. I like the 28's better. They had alot better throttle response. You can get used 28 pwks off ebay. They came stock on alot of the smaller 80 and 85cc dirt bikes. You can probably get them for around 50.00 a carb. Just make sure you do your research and make sure you know what carb came stock on certain year bikes.