compression

viking9990

got cub cyl stock stroke big bore 68mm pistons everything brandnew .

running 19cc domes did a compression test and i'm right at 140psi both sides.

i'm thinking with this setup i should be right at 175 to 185 psi.

maybe i should try 68.5mm piston rings for a tighter fit ? maybe loosing crank pressure?

we rebuilt my frends bike stock cly's 66mm bore also with coolhead and 19cc domes 185psi

and his bike gets up 1 2 3 4 gearing same on both bikes 15/39 my bike only 1 2 the only diffrence

between the bikes is that i have a plus 2 inch swingarm would that make that big a diffrence.

got cub cyl stock stroke big bore 68mm pistons everything brandnew .

running 19cc domes did a compression test and i'm right at 140psi both sides.

Any need for a hone on your new cylinders? brand new shouldnt require a larger ring, even with a honejob.

140 dead on both sides makes me think that your top end is all good compression loss must be down low.

Basegasket new too?

Any need for a hone on your new cylinders? brand new shouldnt require a larger ring, even with a honejob.

140 dead on both sides makes me think that your top end is all good compression loss must be down low.

Basegasket new too?

DO NOT hone your cubs. They are plated, honing them would ruin the plating (costs @ $200 for replating)

I'm currious how the cubs porting may affect the compression compared to a set of stock cylinders????

DO NOT hone your cubs. They are plated, honing them would ruin the plating (costs @ $200 for replating)

I'm currious how the cubs porting may affect the compression compared to a set of stock cylinders????

I was in the same boat. My 7mil cub 68mm bore with 20cc domes only pulled about 155 psi or so. My stock cylinder 65.50mm bore stock stroke with 19cc domes pulled 178. The stockers were drag ported too. As far as having a 4mil cylinder.....you wouldn't have crap for compression. You would have to kick over your bike so fast to even come close to 140 psi, your leg would fall off.....LOL :blink:

Anyone else with cubs noticing the lower static compression numbers?

Edited by AZCUSTOMQUADS