jim from passion racing

banshee332

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately get some new carbs :) The stock ones are a super PITA to jet.

Yea well Im working on getting myself a set of 33 pwk..

Do you think that would be a good choice?

I dont want to sacrfice and bottom end.

How are aftermarket carbs easier to jet than the banshee stockers..

Jim built my alky cub, and my best friends gas cub. Mine Runs hard, but not often. After getting the running issues fixed it started breaking trannies. Jim stood behind the bike for the first 3 rebuilds, doing them for little or nothing. I couldnt have gotten that anywhere else. I've met Jim, I consider him a friend of mine. I called him excited as a school girl when my bike put down over 100 on the LS dyno. Then the tranny issues started. First I toasted the shift forks in my override. From backloading apparently. Jim fixed it for cheap one afternoon, we shot the shit for awhile and had a good old time. I took the bike out for a few runs around the house then went to little sahara. Didnt even get to the drag strip before I got slipping again. Jim never would answer or return my calls. So it went to FAST. Jeff finds the problem, hopefully its fixed. No beef with Jim, the cub runs very hard. My 6 over is worthless, I need a 10. I just wish he would have at least declined the work instead of ignoring me. Give me a call sometime Jim, I should be home next year sometime. We'll do Sahara.

Jim built my alky cub, and my best friends gas cub. Mine Runs hard, but not often. After getting the running issues fixed it started breaking trannies. Jim stood behind the bike for the first 3 rebuilds, doing them for little or nothing. I couldnt have gotten that anywhere else. I've met Jim, I consider him a friend of mine. I called him excited as a school girl when my bike put down over 100 on the LS dyno. Then the tranny issues started. First I toasted the shift forks in my override. From backloading apparently. Jim fixed it for cheap one afternoon, we shot the shit for awhile and had a good old time. I took the bike out for a few runs around the house then went to little sahara. Didnt even get to the drag strip before I got slipping again. Jim never would answer or return my calls. So it went to FAST. Jeff finds the problem, hopefully its fixed. No beef with Jim, the cub runs very hard. My 6 over is worthless, I need a 10. I just wish he would have at least declined the work instead of ignoring me. Give me a call sometime Jim, I should be home next year sometime. We'll do Sahara.

I talked to Trey a few months ago...he never mentioned anything....next year sometime?...where are you?...sounds like I owe you Cruz...give me a call and well get together at LS, maybe Whitefield

I talked to Trey a few months ago...he never mentioned anything....next year sometime?...where are you?...sounds like I owe you Cruz...give me a call and well get together at LS, maybe Whitefield

Work's got me living in Guam for a few months, maybe a year. One of our birds had a gear fire, wing went up in flames, tons of damage. I've only been here 2 months now. Should be March or so before I get home, I'll give you a call. Hopefully I'll be on a 10 over by then.

nice!, glad to hear this stuff. He's currently porting my cylinders as well. Going with a 12 port stroker dune port. I use to run a drag ported stock stroke motor but I got tired of the no-torque crazy power style. but i still want the high horsepower figure. I think this motor should do it for me, high hp torquey motor. anybody else run the 12 port stroker?? how you like it?

i run a stock stroke drag ported cyln on it pulls like a bitch... 140 ibs of compression and pulls hard out of second. thas with a shaved .030 head.. sorry, just my 2 cents. i ve heard alot of good things about passions. nice job jim.

• 2 months later...

I just reliezed that my main crank bearings are f'ed up so I guess I will be sending it to him, more than likely. It's comforting hearing all the great things about him.

Edit: I totally thought this was about Jeff @ FAST lol, oh well still great to hear things about Passion lol

Edited by colby72olds

I just reliezed that my main crank bearings are f'ed up so I guess I will be sending it to him, more than likely. It's comforting hearing all the great things about him.

Edit: I totally thought this was about Jeff @ FAST lol, oh well still great to hear things about Passion lol

what a dick..!!! so is your comment for jeff or jim ... if for jeff why dont you delete this and go give props to jeff in a post for him.. there both great biulders..