Banshee rear shock

magiksc

well just to give you guys and up-date on my rear shock that was rebuilt by works..

Its great, night and day difference over stock.. I would def do it again if I had to before spending $800 on a new shock....

The ride on my shee really is great know...

Im sure that there are many guys out there that can rebuild it, I would highly recommend before shelling out mucho money on a aftermarket shock..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's worth revalving, if you'll do it yourself. Not rebuilding your own shocks is about the least economical idea ever. All the good tools will cost you less than a trip to TCS or precision concepts, and if you get fat you can compensate. Then when you pick up a sweet speed habit and drop 60 pounds you can compensate for that too.

All joking aside, it's economically advantageous to rework one your self. I can walk you through, it's easy.

I had Precision Concepts revalve my rear shock and install a heavier Eibach spring. Works way better!

Has anyone tried ditching the linkage in favor of a direct mount? A lot more travel can be had with this setup, and the right spring and valving combo can make for a plush ride in even the deepest whoops. A friend of mine had done this, but he is a lot lighter than I am and when I rode his bike, it was too sloppy for me. It worked very well for him though. I'm seriously considering trying this with some different spring weights, and was hoping those who had done this would reply with they're results.