mini twister billet vs 421 cub

bada450r

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I want to know what these minis have in them?I mean guys get 140hp with a 4mill DM and its cheaper to build than a twister and faster it sounds so why would someone even think about a mini?I just dont get it.My builder doesnt like them either...

I think the D/M is a much better cylinder for larger stroke engines, 10mm and up. The Cheeteh is a great cylinder but not always as easy to get your hands on at this time.

what do you mean?So 140hp on a 4mill dm aint impressive?

From the numbers I've seen around the net the 4mm DM's aren't 140hp...The 10mm's on alky are right there though. I know of a 4mm DM that was put in a drag chassis for a race that ran 3.78 if I remember right, but that is a 550cc bike so don't let the 4mm number fool yuh.

The 10mm mini I talked about earlier, after thinking about it I think the final number was 132hp, but I wouldn't put my life on it,lol.

I think I know of a 16mm DM that put out around 158hp but I heard it second hand not from the builder.

Honestly I want to know what these minis have in them?I mean guys get 140hp with a 4mill DM and its cheaper to build than a twister and faster it sounds so why would someone even think about a mini?I just dont get it.My builder doesnt like them either...

Like I said, alot of builder don't like Twister cylinders because they are ignotant of alot of the CNC work. Nate is one of those folks. I have talked to him in person about it several times. If he had a choice, he will go for the hand ported engine every time. It's just a difference of opinion and it's still the people involved that make a good engine. :confused:

From the numbers I've seen around the net the 4mm DM's aren't 140hp...The 10mm's on alky are right there though. I know of a 4mm DM that was put in a drag chassis for a race that ran 3.78 if I remember right, but that is a 550cc bike so don't let the 4mm number fool yuh.

The 10mm mini I talked about earlier, after thinking about it I think the final number was 132hp, but I wouldn't put my life on it,lol.

I think I know of a 16mm DM that put out around 158hp but I heard it second hand not from the builder.

From what Ive read on Planet sand the 4mills are getting around the same HP as the 10mills but the 10mills have more torque.I know after I buy another banshee to trail ride Ill be building a 7mill DM but that will be in another like 8 months until summer and hopefully there will be a new cylinder even better when that time comes.I do agree Calvin talks about his products alot but his shit works so he has all right to.

From what Ive read on Planet sand the 4mills are getting around the same HP as the 10mills but the 10mills have more torque.I know after I buy another banshee to trail ride Ill be building a 7mill DM but that will be in another like 8 months until summer and hopefully there will be a new cylinder even better when that time comes.I do agree Calvin talks about his products alot but his shit works so he has all right to.

The few 4mil DM's I heard of was making about 125ish for HP. But I think I heard K&T's was making some better numbers. Dont remember exactly what they were.

Calvin's parts definite;y work well. One thing I like about Calvin is that he doesn't spend much time publicly comparing other products to his. It takes a good man to be able to field a product such as his and only let it stand on it's own merit. :thumbsup:

The few 4mil DM's I heard of was making about 125ish for HP. But I think I heard K&T's was making some better numbers. Dont remember exactly what they were.

I haven't paid much attention to whose engines do what.............I suppose that is just a symptom of the way I interact with this sport as a hobby.

The 4mm DM seems to be one of the best configurations for that cylinder. I have found it somewhat interesting that there is a big discrepancy between the 4mm DM power and the power of larger number of the same cylinder family. I suppose it just goes to show that an engine's performance is the sum of it's design and not just it's displacement. :geek:

I suppose it just goes to show that an engine's performance is the sum of it's design and not just it's displacement. :geek:

Exactly! Thats why you see well built Cubs smoking big Cheetah's & Twisters

Edited by PassionRE

Shane...I've heard of the 10 mil DMs in the 140s'...

I wish you had a chance to take my bike for a ride this year...

My box stock non-ported 10 mil isn't light years faster than the 4 mils, but I think JT will tell you it is easier to ride, more than likely due to the torque on hand.

Now...of course, my best time this year isn't as good as yours...but, with all the passes I put on it, it's pretty darned consistent...fo sho...the Lectrons were by far the best addition I made this year....

You get your frame yet? I'm interested to see this bad boy....

Exactly! Thats why you see well built Cubs smoking big Cheetah's & Twisters

That's exactly what I was getting at.

I am also somewhat interested in the real differences in performance from an engine that was puit together at home with off the shelf parts vs. one that was completely put together and tuned by some one like you. Can you lend any info to that question, Jim? :geek: