mini twister billet vs 421 cub

bada450r

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy has a 4mm mini(75mm bore) that as far as I know Louie set up. It's in a lightened frame with a +10 arm and it will run with or beat the majority of 4mm cubs. I've watched it trade wins with a 10mm cub in a "drag" frame.

If the builder know how to set them up I think they can run really well. He had a builder closer to his house trying to work on it and he finally went back to Louie after he burnt up 3 sets of pistons.

If I remember right Cameron(redline racing) built a 10mm mini that went to California. When I saw it in his shop he was still tuning it but I think it ended up somewhere around 125hp and I think the TQ was in the 70's..... I don't remember exact numbers but they are not like the cubs were you can just bolt them on they do require alot of port work like has already been stated.

A buddy has a 4mm mini(75mm bore) that as far as I know Louie set up. It's in a lightened frame with a +10 arm and it will run with or beat the majority of 4mm cubs. I've watched it trade wins with a 10mm cub in a "drag" frame.

If the builder know how to set them up I think they can run really well. He had a builder closer to his house trying to work on it and he finally went back to Louie after he burnt up 3 sets of pistons.

If I remember right Cameron(redline racing) built a 10mm mini that went to California. When I saw it in his shop he was still tuning it but I think it ended up somewhere around 125hp and I think the TQ was in the 70's..... I don't remember exact numbers but they are not like the cubs were you can just bolt them on they do require alot of port work like has already been stated.

Having you builder within a few minutes of your house is definitely a plus. When looking at race engine builders, you have to remember that most rely more on trial and error than science to create their products. With that said, it makes more sense in many cases in this sport to go with the originator of the product as opposed to a third party tuner. :geek:

Just build a 10mill DM if you have the coin for a mini twister.I wouldnt think it would be that much more.

I don't think you can compare a Twister Small Block to a DM Cheetah. Comparing a DM to a Big Block Twister makes more sense.

With that said, from an engineering standpoint, I like several things Louie does better than the Cheetah line. :geek:

My bros twister is nice, pretty fast and all, but I wouldnt build another one. They are too expensive, and a DM will walk on them. Cobra04s 10mil DM was a tire length behind LC performances 20mil twister at sand montian. I would go with the DM if I was building another drag bike.

Actually I think the twisters would cost you more. The cylinders themselves cost more and you still have to do the case work and they need more porting from what I heard.

I highly doubt a Tister cylinder needs more porting. There is hardly an extra material in the ports to fool with.... :blink: