Stroker banshee

My banshee lost a rod bearing in the crank, so we decided to get a stroker crank. We've been wanting to do this for a while. I haven't had the time to ask my pops more info about it, so I was wondering how significant is the power gain from a 4mil stroker? We are currently bored .30 over with wisecos' pistons. Is there a formula to find out the displacement?

Any other comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Eric

Running a 4 mill at .030 over would make it about 381cc or so. .020 over with a 4 mill make a 379 and a .040 over makes it a 385cc so it would be in between. As far as power gains go, I personally think it doesnt do awhole lot without porting. Or at least I couldnt really tell that big of a difference :shrug:

My banshee lost a rod bearing in the crank, so we decided to get a stroker crank. We've been wanting to do this for a while. I haven't had the time to ask my pops more info about it, so I was wondering how significant is the power gain from a 4mil stroker? We are currently bored .30 over with wisecos' pistons. Is there a formula to find out the displacement?

Any other comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Eric

I dont know if you would notice much of a gain with stock porting but, there is

definately extra power to be had with porting and the extra 4mill of stroke.

If you know you have problems with the crank, rods and bearings and have to open

the engine you might as well throw the stroker in there.

:beer:

I dont know if you would notice much of a gain with stock porting but, there is

definately extra power to be had with porting and the extra 4mill of stroke.

If you know you have problems with the crank, rods and bearings and have to open

the engine you might as well throw the stroker in there.

:beer:

We already have really good porting on the bike. We took the motor apart last night, the case is split and waiting for a new crank. Should be a fun project :)

What you doing over here Glamis Duner get back to the LTR site, haha.

Haha..I have the best of both worlds man, LT-R and Banshee. :D

Youll definitely have fun witha 4mil ... just make sure u listen to the guys on here what they tell you about what youll need to run ... Talking with Jim at Passionracing...said with what im going to have done... ill end up with almost an 80HP engine :biggrin: ... so its going to be interesting!...cause thats by far more than ill ever need...so yes.. The porting is what brings the 4mil's to life... a killer port job is key.. just depends on how deep ur wallet lets you go..

Why is this

Is it because of the port timing?

Yes.

There's a couple ways to run the stroker crank. The most popular

is to have your cylinders ported and your head machined, or domes if

you are running the cool head, for the additional 4 millimeters of additional

stroke. Or, you use this spacer plate and I believe it goes between your

cylinders and top case. The deal with that is you have to use (2) base gaskets

which, in worst case scenario will give you an additional potential area for an

air leak.

To stroke or not to stroke. That is the question. Lol

Spacers or cut domes either way will work depending on your prefrence but the port timings need to be addressed they will not be correct after stroking. Not saying it will not run it very well may but it may run worse than before cannot say cause i dont know how they are ported now. I would def get the cylinders to your favorite builder and tell him your going with a 4 mill so they can be corrected.